Trip from southeast Texas to billings montana

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The first day I was on the road from 8am to 10 pm... used GPS, made calls.. pulled into the motel with 80% battery. Second day 6am to 730pm and pulled 70% battery. No charging either day, plugged it in at night. That was it. It was awesome.

Noticed a big big Verizon's network coverage.. for the bad. Lots of drop spots. No 4g except from Groves to Houston.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Last edited:

cbreze

Reaction score
Noticed a big big Verizon's network coverage.. for the bad. Lots of drop spots. No 4g except from Groves to Houston.
Agreed, and while no phone is perfect this one comes alot closer than most others IMHO. I don't have 4G anywhere even near where I'm living, but Verizon promises to cover their 3G area with LTE/4G sometime complete in 2013. That should be nice since 3G is most of their coverage area now and is really everywhere I am. The Maxx using 3G is still pretty dang sweet. I have not been able to even use 4G on the Maxx yet. Portland is the only city in Oregon with it and we're a BIG state, which leaves the rest of us with 3G.

cece5702

Reaction score
Awesome battery life! Luv it! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been using Verizon's 4G/LTE network for about a year via a mobile hotspot. Works very well for the most part though there have been some well publicized outages from time to time.

I've been lucky to be in places where 4G is usually available but a trip to Kalamazoo, Michigan last fall left me with 4G at my hotel and 3G at a client site. Transition was seamless. I do notice a difference in download speeds but for the most part the user experience is nowhere near as extreme as the difference in speeds. Tests show the 4G running at seven to twelve times faster than 3G. But the user experience is one where 4G has somewhat fewer buffering problems than 3G. Both are quite usable.

One caution, by the way, if you're on a tiered data plan be cautious about your 4G use for streaming video (and even audio) content. It's very easy to use up a 5 gig monthly allowance in a couple of weeks of heavy use. (The 5 gig limit is what I have on my mobile hotspot. Fortunately, I'm grandfathered with unlimited data on the Razr Maxx.)

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm unlimited thank god. My trip to and fro was painless. I had better service coming back... I love this phone.

The worst part if the trip was the family part... sad but true. But I'll not go into that. Glad to be home.....never have been so glad to see southeast TX.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Last edited: