1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

trierd to do a rom.tz install, and it did nothing

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ucpro, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ucpro

ucpro New Member

i was going to install the smoked glass rom before i found all the probs with it. i did an 'advanced backup', then i did 'install from sd card'. It said that it was installing, but apparantly i was supposed to get some menu of features that i wanted. All i got at the end was a period and it said install done. i then rebooted and it has the same rom that i had on it before.
    what am i missing.........
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

you need to choose what ROM you want to use to do the install. you prolly reinstalled the update.zip file still on your memory card

EDIT: Reread through the directions on AdamZs thread and hopefully you'll see where you went wrong
  3. ucpro

ucpro New Member

is it possible to install the update.zip from choosing a rom from the sdcard?
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

if you dont choose "smokedglassv501rom" or whatever one you downloaded when in the "choose rom" section then it will just reinstall the update.zip
  5. korp

korp New Member

The update.zip on the root of your sdcard should be what your trying to install ... the old one has no purpose.
  6. ucpro

ucpro New Member

yea i never touched the update.zip. i just installed the rom.tgz and it pretended like it was installing, but never did. if i was actually installing BB it would have said things in the prompt like..'getting rid of bugs', or 'thanks for using bugless beast' or somethin like that. it didn't say anything of the sort
Search tags for this page

trierd