Tried using my Droid in the rain last night..

xythil

Reaction score
Noticed the screen bugged out when it had some rain drops on it. Anyone know why this is? The screen either would not recognize my touches or when it did it bugged out. Id scroll down on a web page and it would zoom out.

I thought it might be the same on all capacitive screens so I pulled out my ipod touch to test it. But it worked flawlessly under the same conditions...

Any reason why this would be?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
may i ask why you would use electronics in the rain

johall07

Reaction score
I used mine in the rain yesterday and it worked perfectly the rain actually made my finger slide easier

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I avoid using it in the rain; water and electronics do not go well together. One thing to make a quick emergency call another to just be in the rain playing on your droid.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
may i ask why you would use electronics in the rain

I was lost and needed a map and the sky seemed fit to rain on me?

It was only a few rain drops on the screen. Not like I submerged it in the atlantic ocean..

butch350

Reaction score
Rain Drops

Usually after I wash my hands and go directly to use the Droid it seems
that th moisture screws around with the touch screen sensitivity thereby rendering it slow to respond the touch.

I'm just guessing here, I'm not an electronic guru - I just stayed at motel 6 last night.

butch350

Reaction score
By a show of hands, who here uses the hair dryer while in the tub? Anyone?

I don't use a dryer while in the tub - it's dangerous. I just get cold, so
i set my electric heater on the side of the tub, while i soak in a warm bubble bath.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Noticed the screen bugged out when it had some rain drops on it. Anyone know why this is? The screen either would not recognize my touches or when it did it bugged out. Id scroll down on a web page and it would zoom out.

I thought it might be the same on all capacitive screens so I pulled out my ipod touch to test it. But it worked flawlessly under the same conditions...

Any reason why this would be?

xythil,
The touch screen responds to moisture in ur hands, so when it was wet the screen basically thought you has 10 fingers on the screen at once trying to move it in different directions.

Reaction score
I too would like to know why it bugs out. I was washing my hands and just a drop of water on the screen while it was on the browser page and it started to go up and around while the drop was stationary.