Tried to unroot to get 2.2, but Superuser is still there

spencerellis

Reaction score
Hey guys, Spencer here. I've been trying to get all this rooting stuff figured out for awhile.

So, I originally rooted to 2.0.1, then I think i went wrong when i hit Install 2.1 when the message popped up on my screen after i rooted. So, I did that, but SuperUser Permissions app still appears in my App Drawer. Basically, I want to run Froyo (2.2) on my phone and that's all I ask. If someone could point me in the right direction with a step-by-step, that would be awesome because i'm lost now!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
RSD Lite back to 2.0.1. use DM updater from Droidmod.org to root, then install a Froyo Rom.

OP
S

spencerellis

Reaction score
Hey Titans, thanks for responding, im gonna need some step by step. Im sorry!

I have RSD Lite, but how can i get 2.0.1 back? Don't i need the file? Where can i get it?

Split630

Reaction score
RSD Lite back to 2.0.1. use DM updater from Droidmod.org to root, then install a Froyo Rom.
+1 for installing a custom ROM. Love the ability to change ROMs, and theme them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

G.Armour

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he wants 2.2 without root? I thought all 2.2 roms were rooted?

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry Truman

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You don't need to go all the way back to 2.0.1. There is an sprecovery .sbf listed in that guide, flash it then you can put new ROMs on.
Also, if you were rooted on 2.0.1 and axcepted the ota for 2.1 if you had sprecovery it should have been blocked. What comes up when you power off, hold x on keyboard and power on??

Sent from my Droid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he wants 2.2 without root? I thought all 2.2 roms were rooted?

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry Truman
If this is the case all you can do is flash the 2.1 .sbf and wait for the ota, whish hasn't come out yet.

Sent from my Droid

OP
S

spencerellis

Reaction score
It said it failed the flashing process when RSD'ing back to 2.0.1

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try the SPRecovery sbf

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Get Droidmod Updater from Droidmod.org, it will put sprecovery and root for you.

OP
S

spencerellis

Reaction score
Alright, so ya, im running 2.0.1 now, and no, i want root with 2.2, i just didnt know if i could do it without root. So, now what about the DM updater?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Follow the steps I said above then flash a Froyo rom.

OP
S

spencerellis

Reaction score
So i downloaded DM Updater and followed all the steps up until it tells you to put it into recovery mode and install the update, dont i need the 2.2 update zip first? If so, could you link me to the right 2.2 file Titans?