Tried to SBF from GB .591 back to Froyo

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I had a similar experience till I found " the Linux solution"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

That's what I was about to use, already burned it to a disc but then someone mentioned that I should use the full sbf file instead of the system only, which is the one I was using, which usually always worked for me, but apparently when going from GB back to Froyo, you need to use the full sbf instead. Which I wasn't even aware that there were two different ones. So at first, the full sbf I found was for the version before .340 but I didn't notice, so when I used it, my phone got stuck at the bootloader screen and had a list of errors across the top, the only I remember was "err: A5" but there were a couple others next to it. And then I noticed when looking at the sbf file that it wasn't the .340 version. So after sitting thru a bunch of broken links I finally round the correct one, but when I first ran it, my phone got stuck at the bootloader screen again except this time it was stuck displaying " SW Update In Progress" so I tried it one more time and then boom it finished and rebooted and the Motorola bootlogo finally appeared! And seriously, I don't think anyone has been so happy to see that lil moto bootlogo as I was at that moment hahaha. And so that was my 24hrs of trying to fix my phone. 8hrs of which I took a nap for cause I was just too frustrated lol. But it was a great learning experience and now I have both sbf files for when I need them and I kno what to do if this happens again. I am now running Liberty 2.0.1 and loving it. But prolly gonna go back to GB .591 in a few weeks or so. I just wanted to try out some more Froyo roms that I hadn't gotten the chance to. And liberty was one of them, and honestly, it shoulda been the first one I ever tried on my DX cause its amazing. But I am already kinda missing GB but like I said. There's still a few Froyo roms I want to try. Can't wait for a stable and full version of Liberty GB to come out. I am definitely just gonna stick with switching between Froyo roms and the GB leak, until (if and when) they find a way to root the official GB when it comes out *knock on wood*

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah the shadow system only sbf was just a partial sbf file. If anyone is thinking of sbfing back to stock for the expected GB release this Friday you will need the full file.

If you don't have it look for the full file on mydroidworld.com or if your using the DX, pm me and I can send it to you.

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
i got stuck last night after I tried to upgrade to .959 and this was the only way I could get the sbf too work. This guy has made a Linux for just flashing back to .340 and was the easiest way i found to use RSD

Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

srry for the redirect but this is the only place i found this version of Linux made for the X and flashing. Also u need to use an older PC to use this one had troubles using my gaming rig due to lack of driver support.