Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Thanks man but my phone wont charge even when i leave it plugged into the wall. When i hold up on dpad plus power it says battery low even after 5 hours. I purchased that 323 charger from amazon and 2 extra batteries so i'l pick back up when they arrive and i can get a full charge. Thanks again everybody, really appreciate it.

Let us know you at least got it back up and running when you get your battery. I hope you don't let this keep you from trying to load something else in the future.

To add to yutzyscott's post if you can't get in to mount your card from the home screen, I know in CLockWorkMod recovery there is a way to mount your SD card too. Not sure if it is the same without CWMod (can anyone verify or not?) but it is under "- partitions menu > mount USB storage" That *should* let you copy the ROM to your SD card from your computer so you can then do the rest of the steps.

MrSpohn1

Reaction score
If you can run it you have 2 options I think. You can either mount the phone to your computer via the SD recovery and make sure your Rom is complete and titled correctly under the SD card. Make sure you have a compatible ROM. I would try P3Droid's FRG22 or Ultimate Droid 6.0.

http://forums.blackdroidmod.com/ind...ng-audio-fix-better-wireless-and-vpn-support/

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/04/download-new-froyo-leak-frg22-for-droid/

These work for sure... Used them.You can always download them and transfer to your SD. ALSO: Don't have 2 files titled update.zip. That will mess you up.

The other option is that you can remove the micro SD card from your phone and put it in the adapter and attach that to your computer. From here you can just place the Update.zip into an open space, not under any folder. Please make sure you have not titled it update.zip if the file already looks like a zip file (has a zipper), just title it update. Once you have done this, boot into recovery:

2. Clear Data
3. Clear Cache
4. Install update

Hope this works.

vzwtek

Reaction score
If you can run it you have 2 options I think. You can either mount the phone to your computer via the SD recovery and make sure your Rom is complete and titled correctly under the SD card. Make sure you have a compatible ROM. I would try P3Droid's FRG22 or Ultimate Droid 6.0.

BlackdroidMod -> Download Manager -> Official Ultimate Droid Roms -> Ultimate Droid Froyo eXteme 6.0.0 (FRG22, Rotary LockScreen, UD Extras now has a picture menu, Audio Equalizer, Streaming Audio Fix, Better Wireless and VPN Support)

Download: New Froyo Leak FRG22 for DROID | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

These work for sure... Used them.You can always download them and transfer to your SD. ALSO: Don't have 2 files titled update.zip. That will mess you up.

The other option is that you can remove the micro SD card from your phone and put it in the adapter and attach that to your computer. From here you can just place the Update.zip into an open space, not under any folder. Please make sure you have not titled it update.zip if the file already looks like a zip file (has a zipper), just title it update. Once you have done this, boot into recovery:

2. Clear Data
3. Clear Cache
4. Install update

Hope this works.

Another option that has come about, if you have a copy of RSD, you can put the droid in flash mode, from power off, volume down+camera and then hold power with those too. it will take you to flash mode. Then you can plug it into the rsd lite and it should come up with recovery. If not, take it to your local store and they will be capable of using the restore function to take it back to stock.

ilovechi23

Reaction score
hey I had the same problem..... so I downloaded the 2.0.1 and renamed it update held power and x and updated my phone to that and then I followed the rooting process from there....... had exact same problem rooting my g/f droid

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks man but my phone wont charge even when i leave it plugged into the wall. When i hold up on dpad plus power it says battery low even after 5 hours. I purchased that 323 charger from amazon and 2 extra batteries so i'l pick back up when they arrive and i can get a full charge. Thanks again everybody, really appreciate it.

Did you get this resolved?
Your battery might be ok, just reporting bad. When you flashed the SPR.sbf were you running 2.2 at the time? Their are reports of the SPR.sbf not working well and having those sort of problems when flashing over 2.2.

Can you boot into bootloader (holding up on dpad while powering up)?

If this is the case goe here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Do option 5, then 2, then install any Rom