Tried to install CeanICS

chollroc

Reaction score
I know that I f'd upped. All I'm getting is the white screen with HTC across it. I'm back at fastboot now. I was trying to flash CleanICS. I have placed Clean tool on SDcard as well. I need to know what to do next. Thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that I f'd upped. All I'm getting is the white screen with HTC across it. I'm back at fastboot now. I was trying to flash CleanICS. I have placed Clean tool on SDcard as well. I need to know what to do next. Thanks

Few issues I've heard about were releated to CWM. Try Flashing in Amon-Ra. I've had 0 problems. However I should note that after flashing the newer CleanICS, it will reboot you into recovery to flash the kernel automatically.

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
Few issues I've heard about were releated to CWM. Try Flashing in Amon-Ra. I've had 0 problems. However I should note that after flashing the newer CleanICS, it will reboot you into recovery to flash the kernel automatically.

Thanks, I am trying it now.

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score

I tried Anon-Ra. I have tried everything that I know, which isn't much. I installed Clean ICS this morning. And I can't get past a white screen with HTC on it. I put another SDcard with my backup ROM on it in. And it goes straight to the update option and will not let me install another ROM. Please advise.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also, isn't there a boot.img file you must flash before hand as well? make sure to reread the instructions and make sure you didn't skip a step.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried Anon-Ra. I have tried everything that I know, which isn't much. I installed Clean ICS this morning. And I can't get past a white screen with HTC on it. I put another SDcard with my backup ROM on it in. And it goes straight to the update option and will not let me install another ROM. Please advise.

Oh, I just realized you probably have a kernel on your SD card. It will create a boot loop every time. Hopefully it's on your external SD so all you have to do is pull the card. Otherwise you're going to need to sit in recovery with some ADB skills to get it gone...

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
I put in a new SDcard before I flashed anything.

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
Oh, I just realized you probably have a kernel on your SD card. It will create a boot loop every time. Hopefully it's on your external SD so all you have to do is pull the card. Otherwise you're going to need to sit in recovery with some ADB skills to get it gone...

I can't get to anything but a white screen. I put my old SDcard back in and it goes straight to update option. Any remedy?:confused:

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
I got back up, but now when I go through set up nothing happens after I choose a language. Well it goes to the next page, but once I attempt to start the setup wizard, the screen goes black.

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
DancingNexusOnce again, you guys amaze me. I flashed the boot.img and poof, back up and running. THANKS!!!!

mjh68

Reaction score
I got back up, but now when I go through set up nothing happens after I choose a language. Well it goes to the next page, but once I attempt to start the setup wizard, the screen goes black.
sounds like you already fixed it , but this is a known issue with setup. Just wait a few secs then hit the home button like 3 times and it will start sense up and you can manually log in to google and sync that way.