Tried to fix my Droid 1...help!

falord

Reaction score
I just replaced the digitizer on my Motorola Droid. When turning on my phone, everything appears fine until about halfway through the boot cycle and the screen becomes very dim and stays that way. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

OP
F

falord

Reaction score
I went back and double checked all the connections and everything looks ok. When the phone is displaying the boot animation, everything looks fine until it gets to the point where the phone vibrates. That's when the screen becomes very dim. Does anyone know what exactly is happening when the phone vibrates during startup? This might be able to help me narrow down where the problem is. The touchscreen also does not work, but I'm not sure if that is related or not. Hopefully someone will see this tomorrow and may be able to help.

qkpony

Reaction score
If I may ask Why did you replace it to begin with?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
F

falord

Reaction score
The screen was cracked. Everything worked fine though.

OP
F

falord

Reaction score
Could the vibration being showing you an intermittent connection?
My phone always vibrates on startup, it's just this time the screen dims so that you can barely see it and it even flickers a little bit. I am running CM 6.1.2, wonder if that has anything to do with it.