Tried to download ss for frg01

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by heavyvino, Sep 10, 2010.

1. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Itried to down load ss for frg01b and rom manager said download error and would not down load.
    Any ideas.

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    So you mean SS4.7 would not download? Files are there ... should not have errored out

3. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I was trying for 4.6 I think it was, that is the one for frf01b which is the build I have. Will 4.7 work for me.

Rom manager, in the notification bar said simply stuning download error but did not give any other info that would be helpful.

Should I try again?

My phone did not like your ulv 1ghz kernel, highest temp I saw was 116 on the cpu and 109 on the battery.
    I went to your lv 1ghz kernel, it really dose not like that one, cpu 123, bat oddly the battery never broke 100.
    Should I go to 800 mhz ulv or do you have a med voltage 1ghz kernel.

The 116 was heavy use, the 123 was not as heavy use.

I really want to try your rom with your kernels, I have read that they work really well together.

4. wricks

wricks Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd go ahead with the SS 4.7 download. If you need to, you can always swap out the kernel. I run a P3Droid kernel (LV .125 - 1.2) with SS 4.7 and t's very smooth, tight and snappy. My droid can't handle Chevy's kernels (1 Gig and above) and can't run anything at 1.25GHz. Makes it do really off the wall stuff.

5. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Just to be clear, there is no SS version anything for the build you have. Simply Stunning is a complete ROM, replacing the build you are running (FRG01B) entirely with a source based ROM (SS4.7).

So download the latest version as it will have the most update code patches/features/enhancements available.

(ie...you could be on any ROM, any version and install Simply Stunning 4.7, as long as you are rooted).

6. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think my problemm is that for some reason I need to flash sprecovery then reflash clockwork. I tried to back up my current rom and it did nothing so I flashed sp and then clock work and the backed up my current rom, that worked will try it with ss 4.7. That is what I had to do to get my first rom.
    Will post results when I try it.

7. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WOO_HOO it worked i've got it. All I can say for now is wow.dancedroid:icon_ banana: