Tried to buy a Droid today! :-(

Supertom

Reaction score
Tried to buy a Droid today @ Costco ($199 for upgrade). Guy says I'm not eligible to upgrade until June! I can't wait until June! Is there a way to upgrade to one of these now? That is, and NOT pay the $600 that Verizon would sell it to me for? Thanks!
T

frankieg22x

Reaction score
go to the verizon store. My upgrade wasn't until this march, but i upgraded in November. It cost me $300 for the phone (before a $100 mail in rebate) and another 20 for the early upgrade fee.

I went to get one at best buy first and they told me the same thing as you.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
or you can purchase online and get it for a sale price of 200 right off the bat.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
or you can purchase online and get it for a sale price of 200 right off the bat.
Only if it's eligible, but they're not. Therefore it won't be eligible pricing for the O.P.

If you can't get a manager exception to upgrade now, you could probably get one year pricing for a Moto Droid, however I'm not sure how much it is, but I can tell you it will probably be about $100 more than the current 2 year promotional pricing.

xjman349

Reaction score
Are you the primary line of service? What plan are you on?

wil318466

Reaction score
Try talking to the guy and making sure you make a point you are upgrading your service to a more expensive plan. In fact, someone in another post mentioned all this.. I believe they got on the phoen and called customer service (who seem more capable to do these types of deals than the store people).

Good luck.

-Wil

tktouch12

Reaction score
if you talk to a manager you might manage to get a sooner upgrade date. but honestly, might as well wait until june, because i'm sure the phones by then will be tons better than the droid (or nexus)

Guchi

Reaction score
try adding a line and then swapping the droid to your number, thats what i did. it costs you ten a month but........

OP
Supertom

Supertom

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm on a 700 min/ mo. family plan w/ 3 phones, which is more than adequete. Maybe I'll go to the Verizon store and give it one more try. I guess 5 months isn't the worst thing, but I sure am disapointed!

bL33d

Reaction score
I canceled my att account early with 2 lines to get the droid cost me $350 etf plus $250 for the droid then a lg envy 3 for teh wife.

But i sold my jailbroken and unlocked iphone 3gs for $625 :icon_ rocker:

xjman349

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm on a 700 min/ mo. family plan w/ 3 phones, which is more than adequete. Maybe I'll go to the Verizon store and give it one more try. I guess 5 months isn't the worst thing, but I sure am disapointed!

Is your number the primary?

B1-66er

Reaction score
I was on an alltel plan and not eligible for an upgrade til November. I callers cutstomer service and told em I wanted to upgrade now. They said I could if I switched to a Verizon plan, so I did. But through some kind of glitch, I ended up with two extra years on my far superior alltel plan...............BONUS.

Haha

Newton122189

Reaction score
if you are upgrading from a non smartphone then they will usually wave the fees and give you the upgrade price, that's what they did for me

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Is your number the primary?

if it is you can do an early upgrade after 12 months and get the 2 year pricing. you will forfeit your NE2 discount and they will charge you a 20.00 dollar early upgrade fee.

the other 2 lines will not be affected.