Tried searching... Need help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HemiDroid03, Jun 5, 2010.

1. HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so about a week ago or so I decided to UNROOT my phone because some water had spilled on it, then I had it on the beach and when I was headed home I tried using it and it was going CRAZY, camera side button made the volume go down, the google search screen popped up and searched "ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp" whatever. So I planned on taking back to Verizon but I had to UNROOT first, so I did....

NOW... Froyo is available and I want to ROOT again but can't seem to! After UNROOTING my phone, the second I signed back in I got the OTA 2.1 screen, obviously I accepted and now I have the official 2.1 OTA update.

I tried using this page (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html) as help as I have done before but the ROOT file doesn't seem to work when I try installing it, I get an error reading and installation aborts...

so here are the questions Lol...
    *Do I NEED to be at 2.0.1 to root?
    *Should I wipe data/cache?

If I have to do the whole SBF deal then I'll just sit tight and wait for the OTA but if I can do the rooting with just an UPDATE.ZIP file... it would ROCK!:icon_ banana:
  2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Rooting 2.1 is a different process than rooting 2.0.1 -- there's a sticky in the hacks section that will get you where you want to be.
  3. HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
  4. HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THIS SUCKS... I can't get that SBF thing for the life of me, SMH... and I'm trying to flash 2.0.1 and I can't, FML.