1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tried searching... Need help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HemiDroid03, Jun 5, 2010.

1. HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03 New Member

Ok so about a week ago or so I decided to UNROOT my phone because some water had spilled on it, then I had it on the beach and when I was headed home I tried using it and it was going CRAZY, camera side button made the volume go down, the google search screen popped up and searched "ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp" whatever. So I planned on taking back to Verizon but I had to UNROOT first, so I did....

NOW... Froyo is available and I want to ROOT again but can't seem to! After UNROOTING my phone, the second I signed back in I got the OTA 2.1 screen, obviously I accepted and now I have the official 2.1 OTA update.

I tried using this page (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html) as help as I have done before but the ROOT file doesn't seem to work when I try installing it, I get an error reading and installation aborts...

so here are the questions Lol...
    *Do I NEED to be at 2.0.1 to root?
    *Should I wipe data/cache?

If I have to do the whole SBF deal then I'll just sit tight and wait for the OTA but if I can do the rooting with just an UPDATE.ZIP file... it would ROCK!:icon_ banana:
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Rooting 2.1 is a different process than rooting 2.0.1 -- there's a sticky in the hacks section that will get you where you want to be.
  3. HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03 New Member

Thanks, I'll check it out.
  4. HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03 New Member

THIS SUCKS... I can't get that SBF thing for the life of me, SMH... and I'm trying to flash 2.0.1 and I can't, FML.