Tried out leaked Froyo and want to go back to stock 2.1

outkastragtop

Reaction score
So I tried out the leaked Froyo, which is obviously not completed yet. I can see exactly why it hasn't been released yet as there are a few issues with it.

I want to go back to stock 2.1 now but I don't have my home PC available at this time. Is there any way to go back to 2.1 without using my computer?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nope. need a pc to flash teh SBF to go back to 2.1

try restoring a backup from 2.1 on CW and you will get a bootloop

Xpain

Reaction score
What issues are you having? I have "2.2 leaked" and have 0 issues with it. In fact, it runs better than 2.1
Can you share your issues with us?

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Id be happy to share. Perhaps you have a better copy than I do and if so id like yours. Here are the three issues I have with it:
1- When I launch the browser via the homescreen shortcut the phone SOMETIMES freezes for about 3 seconds.
2-On the stock text messaging app when I go to my inbox the threads don't seem to be in any specific order. IE- most recent sent/receives text SHOULD be at the top but isn't and the conversations aren't in alphabetical order by contact either. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way the conversations are listed in my inbox.
3- When browsing. Let's say I double tap to zoom in on the general discussions page of this forum. On 2.1 if I scroll up and down on my screen the text would stay in line and not veer off to the side as if I were scrolling diagonaly. On 2.2 if I do the same thing and happen to not scroll my finger DIRECTLY up or down it will move the entire page on an angle. VERY FRUSTRATING

So now im curious.. are these issues specific to me and perhaps the copy of froyo that I downloaded? Please let me know.

SoxFan894

Reaction score
I'm having one major issue with my 2.2 leak. When I power down the phone and the power up, it hangs on the Motorola symbol. I have to perform a battery pull and leave the battery out for 5-10 minutes. Load the battery back in and it will boot up.

cincycats51

Reaction score
I made a thread about this a couple of days ago, and I agree, I want to go back to 2.1 till the official release because of minor issues with the leaked copy of 2.2 I have. The only problem is, I didnt root, so if I want to go back to 2.1 now, I think I will lose EVERYTHING

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If you want to go from 2.2 - 2.1 You will lose everything and the only way to do it is to reflash the phone via RSDLite using the stock 2.1 .sbf file. Sorry guys, thats the only way. Next time make sure you do your homework before upgrading to a new build, always know the pros/cons before risking a fubar device.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
I already knew I would have to flash back and I don't care about losing evrything because I had planned on going back to 2.1 anyway. Just wanted to know if there was any other way to do so. When I get home today I will be flashing back. I sure hope these delays are to fix froyos issues which im confident is true.

luv2increase

Reaction score
The general consensus is that performing a data/cache wipe after installing 2.2 fixes the issues people are having with 2.2. Also, sometimes it needs a couple reboots and battery pulls.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, do a factory data reset, that should clear up any issues that you are having. 2.2 is a wonderful update. I ran it for 3 months before I got my D2. Works even better on my D2.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Sounds good guys ill give the factory reset a shot. Once again I love this forum. But are you suggesting a simple factory reset tru the settings or going thru the bootloader?

SaurusX

Reaction score
I'm having one major issue with my 2.2 leak. When I power down the phone and the power up, it hangs on the Motorola symbol. I have to perform a battery pull and leave the battery out for 5-10 minutes. Load the battery back in and it will boot up.

I'm going to assum you used ROM Manager to upgrade, as I had this same problem afterwards. Did you reinstall the bootstrapper again? If not you will hang at the M until you do a battery pull.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
I tried a factory reset and it didn't do anything. Is it possible that there are different versions of the leaked froyo out? Either way im going back to stock 2.1 and waiting. Nice to get a glimpse of what's in store for us though.

SoxFan894

Reaction score

I'm going to assum you used ROM Manager to upgrade, as I had this same problem afterwards. Did you reinstall the bootstrapper again? If not you will hang at the M until you do a battery pull.

I installed from a unrooted DX. only thing i did was a factory reset and it seems like it got me know where.

sphen22

Reaction score
I can't wait untill the ota does hits leaked users :p even tho moto said it wouldnt.

I'm betting it was just a scare tactic to stop other people from doing it