Tried many things, still can't get back to stock out of box droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by elusiveaura, Feb 11, 2010.

1. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Tried the rom on this forum that goes back to stock 2.0.1, wiped/restored data, uninstalled sholes 2.0.3 and its still booting up the new home launcher/themes etc. what exactly do I need to do to get back to stock out of box droid and 2.0.1? Sorry, I have searched but everything i've tried hasn't worked. Thanks.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Did you use the Sholes app to go back to stock?
  3. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Yes, and now its uninstalled and its still the same. Is there anything else I can do?
  4. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

I don't want any traces of sholes rom or anything on my phone. I have already uninstalled/refund in the market. Do I need to repurchase this just to try to set it back again or is there another way?
  5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

No you never have to repurchase an app that you bought
  6. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

If I already received the refund I would have to purchase it again. I'm thankful for your reponses but is there a way to just wipe this and get rid of all traces of this sholes and be completely stock again? I've tried a lot of stuff and still nothing. Thanks
  7. LtKen

LtKen New Member

It sounds like you didnt use the SMUpdater app properly. I took mine back to stock a couple days ago, just to see what it was like, and it worked fine.

You might want to try again?
  8. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  9. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Ahhh, maybe I'm not explaining myself properly lol.

I had everything rooted, installed working properly. SMupdater was working, setcpu was working, droid was rooted 5 screens working everything. I opened smupdater, changed back to 2.0.1 and applied and restarted phone. It still showed the 2.0.3 in bootup and home launcher and uninstalled and got a refund for smupdater so now its like I never bought it. I have wiped/restored, used the rom from the "back to stock 2.0.1. thread and still have the sholes rom setup on my phone.

I want to get back to stock completely with no traces of sholes but nothing is working. It looks like Im going to have to purchase it again in order to try this again unless there is a restore option that I'm not finding that will get rid of all this stuff. Something on the SD card or something
  10. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

SM is free dude, don't buy it unless you just want to give them money (and since you asked for a refund I'm figuring you don't want to)
  11. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

You can get the updater for free from their site,
  12. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

ok well I see the free one on their website but where do I put it and how do I use it doing it that way? I'm still fairly new to that part. THanks.
  13. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Ok, disregard some of this because i found another restore underneath the choose backup that wasnt the go back to stock 2.0.1 rom, I guess its one that was automatically made at some point during a backup of my phone but now my only question is how do I get rid of the sholes files on my sdcard/phone?

My screen and everything is back to normal, thanks for the help and responses. Sorry if I caused any annoyance
  14. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Save it to your flash card, and use a file manager like ASTRO to run and install it.

As far as reverting to stock, you have to enter recovery mode and re-flash the ROM like you did to root. It sounds like you missed that important step.
  15. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Yes, I couldnt get to the stock flash until now. I believe thats what the phone is doing because its downloading the update-stock and its 61mb. Then it will have to be flashed I am assuming.

Ugh, I really am not doing all this rooting stuff again lol. I loved how it made my phone but it actually messed with my call quality a lot. I even did the improve call quality ##program trick and didnt fix it. My calls started popping/echoing on every call after the root. It didnt do that stock so thats why I was/am reverting. What do I need to delete to get rid of all traces of sholes. (Just in case verizon ever has to see it)
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010