Tried going from 1.5 to LGB .04 and my phone is stuck! Help please!

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Did i just totally brick my phone?

What is a creative way to charge my battery?

My roomate has a droid Pro. I dont have another droid x in the house. Do you think his Droid pro will work to charge the battery?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that's a toughy. i don't think they have the same battery, but if they do then it might work. if not you're only option would be to butcher your usb cable to try and charge it but that mould render it more dificult to actually flash the sbf file. also the only guide i have would require you to solder it.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
ok i just woke him up and it doesnt use the same battery.

So i guess i am done for tonight. Tomorrow i will head for verizon and buy a 2nd battery AND/OR second charger.

Do you think my phone is completely bricked if my battery died during the SBF?

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Ok i am going to bed. Its 4:23am.

Let this be a lesson to everyone out there. Dont go rooting at 2am on a monday night.... and dont do it with a half charged battery.

I'll update this thread with my progress tomorrow.

Spazz thanks so much for staying up and helping me. I'll try what you told me in the morning.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
alright. good luck, i'll check with you in the morning. if you get a new battery in there i don't think you should have a problem sbfing back.

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Ok so i get to verizon this morning. A huge mega verizon store.

They dont have any external battery chargers. They cant flash it themselves. They cant do anything.

They dont have an extra droid to charge my battery.

They have new batteries but none of them have enough charge.

Finally i borrow a battery from one of the verizon guys right out of his droid X.

It has 50% so i know i onloy have 1 or two shots. I setup my laptop... and SBF right in front of the verizon guys. They thought it was the coolest thing they ever seen.

So my phone is back on vanilla froyo it seems and functional. It still has the liberty boot screen which is weird.

I guess now my next step is to root and then install libery 2.0.1.... and THEN take it up to gingerbread. Can you confirm thats a good path?

I am in the office and will just have this post open on my laptop all day.

Lessons i learned:

1. Dont ever try to do any infrastructure upgrades at 2am on a monday when you have client meetings in the morning. Thats bad news bears.

2. Dont ever try to do major flashing without a high charge on the battery.

Spazz thanks so much for your help. You saved the day. I can give you free hosting on our web servers if you want :p

Can someone confirm my path up to LGB is good?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Goad you got everything working again. I would say there's no need to go to lib 2.0.1, you can probably just do the lib 0.1 full instal and then upgrade from there.

tappin and a talkin

OP
T

twiy06

Reaction score
Ok... so what is the best way to root now...

And also... how do i get to liberty lgb .01 after i root. Just download the donated Liberty Toolbox?

AFTER i get to lgb .01... do i go to .03 and then .04 and then .05?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Easiest way to root would be z4root. You can get the lgb 0.1 full install from the toolbox but after that I'm not too sure of the process.

tappin and a talkin