Tried everything from a past post on System Restore...

markass530

Reaction score
I Rooted & Installed Safestrap & Was using the remove bloat script for my Droid 3. Decided to ditch pretty much all of them, then the thing wouldn't boot (stuck on droid symbol) So I do a System Restore, and now I'm pretty much here:

Ok so i just gave my wife my rooted droid 3, i did a factory restore and activated the phone. Only problem is now im stuck at the "Setup Accounts" screen. I push "done adding accounts" and it gives me a force close screen saying "process com.motorola.setup has stopped unexpectedly". is there anyway to bypass this screen? i have gone in to the phone when rooted and used root explorer to rename some of the apps to .bak but didnt delete any. ive tried a factory reset and hit the 4 corners to bypass activating but that screen still comes up. HELP PLEASE!

I tried to do everything that guy was told to, but i can't seem to get an email account to work. That guy also posted back before there were really any roms available. I'm down to put whatever rom on this thing works, In fact I'd prefer to do that as opposed to go back to Motorola Crapware 2.3.5 or whatever, I'm a Computer nerd who's rooted a couple devices, but Not some Code Monkey who can ADB Like Champ, Any help would be greatly appreciated,

OP
M

markass530

Reaction score
Oh also, I have all the system restore files downloaded,

Endoroid

Reaction score
At the touch android to begin screen, touch the corners of the screen one at a time clockwise until it bypasses. I find I often have to go around several times before it works. Make sure you're not hitting the status bar up top or the emergency call area at the bottom.

Sent from my rooted xt860

Endoroid

Reaction score
Or you can reflash the device with rsdlite. There should be a thread somewhere in this forum with rsdlite in the title

Sent from my rooted xt860

OP
M

markass530

Reaction score
Fixed it..

Managed to set up another email, and do the trick of emailing myself a link to an to on USB Debugging, so I'm straight Thanks for the help,

Trzaska

Reaction score
Managed to set up another email, and do the trick of emailing myself a link to an to on USB Debugging, so I'm straight Thanks for the help,

I'm having the same problem on another phone, can someone explain how the trick above works?