Trident Kraken Case for X2

spegoda

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Trident Kraken case for my DX2 and I am seriously regretting this purchase! The cover itself gives me the confidence needed in case of a drop. BUT the case somehow blocks the sensor that knows when the phone is up to your ear or not. In other words, the screen goes black when a call is connected and will NOT come back on again without turning off the phone. Which means you cannot use the number pad during a call, you cannot switch to speaker (or visa versa), you cannot answer a call waiting call etc. I thought it was a defected case. I exchanged it and still the same. The phone works perfect without the case. Has anyone had this issue and is there is way to manipulate the cover somehow to fix this?

RangerAL

Reaction score
I have the Kraken case also...but am not having that problem. The area were the proximity sensor is located is not covered by this case....so it works as it should during calls. You'll notice the inside view of my case below shows the area where the proximity sensor is when the phone is in the case. It's an open hole.
View attachment 44662

OP
spegoda

spegoda

Reaction score
Mine looks the same only blue. I don't know why mine is doing this. When I take the case off, the phone works fine. I put it on my husbands phone and it happens there too.

I have the Kraken case also...but am not having that problem. The area were the proximity sensor is located is not covered by this case....so it works as it should during calls. You'll notice the inside view of my case below shows the area where the proximity sensor is when the phone is in the case. It's an open hole.
View attachment 44662

OP
spegoda

spegoda

Reaction score
Oh wait.... When you say "open hole" do you mean there is no plastic cover over the hole? Maybe that is the problem? Mine is covered by the plastic cover.

Mine looks the same only blue. I don't know why mine is doing this. When I take the case off, the phone works fine. I put it on my husbands phone and it happens there too.

RangerAL

Reaction score
Oh wait.... When you say "open hole" do you mean there is no plastic cover over the hole? Maybe that is the problem? Mine is covered by the plastic cover.

Yes...an open hole. Looking at the cover from the front, on the left side of the earpiece, the hole is covered by a plastic shield and on the right side of the earpiece, the hole is not covered. Cut away the plastic shield over the right side and see if that helps.

A~

motcher41

Reaction score
The kraken 2 is junk as well. I went through three cases before just getting a refund. They arent made right so the right side snap together points do not line up and lock together. They look awesome but are junk.

Wafflz09

Reaction score
I got the Otterbox Defender for my X2, I want my phone to be safe, I'm willing to sacrifice sleek looks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums