Tricorder For Android...JUst Awesome!

Coosa Droid

Reaction score
Mine was until the daybefore yesterday, it would work off of the cell data indors, now nothing.

I posted a new issue on the developers site to see what could cause it.

I unistalled and reinstalled from a backup I had made before the problem so it might be some other app or setting causing the problem. Worked fine on my wifes phone last night.

Last edited:

Coosa Droid

Reaction score
Ahhhhrrrrgggg!!! Stoooped moment. The app is fine, the location services had somehow gotten turned off.

blackjoker4215 you better tell her you only live once. I know alot of people that have found out later someone liked them they wanted to date but was waiting for them to ask for a date. If that don;t work tell her your going to make a killing after college since you are crushing the physics class.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was one of the first apps I downloaded too! Is it just me, or is the "scanning" sound not correct? Its just doesn't sound like it does in the TNG episodes to me...

TNG? I thought they were going for the sound of the tricorder in the original TV series in the late 1960s?

The ST:TOS was more of an oscillating sound. This is more like what would be for ST:TNG.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It definitely has the TNG look. Perhaps it's supposed to be a 'bridge' period between TOS and TNG? Or, perhaps we're just over-thinking it and they simply can't make a completely accurate reproduction for legal reasons.

lol, perhaps you're right. I just had to bring it up because it was bothering me!;)

I saw that the iPhone has a tricorder app that looks like a TNG, but the demo looked like it did nothing but blink. This looks more like you'd see on a PADD (Personal Access Display Device).