Tricorder For Android...JUst Awesome!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
This App is frigging Kewl !! Beam me up Scotty !!

Zippster

Reaction score
Was disappointed when I went to show this off to my son and he didnt know what a tricorder was. :icon_evil: Definitely kewl though and fun to tinker with.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Show him the new Movie, STAR TREK reboot !!! He will Learn !!!

FNDelta

Reaction score
I Just downloaded it after all the "rave" posted about it in this thread. I am indeed quite pleased with it. I only wish it would make the tri-corder scanning noise when active. Or atleast have that as a option

Anomander

Reaction score
One of the first apps I got when I got the phone. It has been fun to play it. The last few updates for it have made it even better. Though the wife did not like the sound it made. Time to make her a Trekkie.

FarSide

Reaction score
I hate to be ignorant here, but how does one actually use the decibel meter? I notice it seems to hover around ~ -40 and appears to go all the way up to 0.....so how does this equate into a number like 80db or 150db?

I just put in a set of train horns in my car, and I figure it would be fun to test them ;)

[video=youtube;qH0aVi2RLFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH0aVi2RLFg[/video]

PaulL

Reaction score
I'm guessing the dB meter is the signal strength, not sound level. I haven't used the app yet, though.

edit: Nope .. it apparently DOES register sound input to the microphone.

Last edited:

cyber3d

Reaction score
I checked out the moonblink link and could not find info on what the # sign and * sign indicates on the EMS panel? Some wifi connections have either one of these or non at all. Are they security levels? if so, which ones?

LordKastle

Reaction score
excellent find...

may I also suggest "Space Weather" actually called "Astra" ... the combination of these two apps allows us creatures of the cosmos to decipher and understand our surroundings within this universe.

Anomander

Reaction score
excellent find...

may I also suggest "Space Weather" actually called "Astra" ... the combination of these two apps allows us creatures of the cosmos to decipher and understand our surroundings within this universe.
Great suggestion Lord Kastle. That app is incredible, and it looks like they will add more stuff to it as it progresses! The droid sure does bring out my inner Geek to a whole new level! :)

MJ5150

Reaction score
Cool, I got it too. Not sure what I will do with it, but it will surely impress some of my really smart friends.

-Mike

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Cool...not I have something over my kids...

For now at least....