Tricorder For Android...JUst Awesome!

mikespe

Reaction score
I came across this Tricorder app in the market that is just awesome! It uses the sensors in the Droid (might work on other android phones?) and measures gravitational & magnetic fields, geo information, decibels, Solar information, and radio signals. It's just a fun app to play with (especially the decibels!)

Tricorder v4.2 Application for Android | Tools

Another_Dude

Reaction score
So, in 20 words or less....what does this app actually do?

(I like the price)

Essex

Reaction score
I think it measures things around you. For instance if you are at a concert and want to know how loud it is this app would tell you.

Also if you think Magneto is after you well there's an app for that.

Harrybub

Reaction score
As a first post I'll add that I also think it's cool.
The Audio app shows level and a spectrographic view. Pretty too.

If you are into Ham Radio you'll like the Solar Activity panel. It has stats for # of sunspots and flares among other stuff. Also images of the sun at various wavelengths.

And it's fun to play with.

HB

pilot25

Reaction score
I used to think it was cool until I saw the tricorder app on the iphone. I wish the same one would come out for the droid.

Reaction score
The iPhone app doesn't sense anything but movement. It has a bunch of pre-programmed info that simulates readings. This app actually TAKES readings using the sensors (magnetometer, accelerometer, compass, mic, camera, proximity sensor, gps, cell signal, internet) to display real time data. The iPhone one LOOKS better but this one actually DOES something.

msheldon

Reaction score
Tricorder provides you with astounding data on all sorts of environmental conditions. It is amazing, and almost entirely, but not quite, useless.

I love it. I fire it up whenever I get bored.

Seawolf

Reaction score
I like it! My coworker, hardcore trekkie, wants to get a Droid just for this app. lmao

Reaction score
Geek phone?

So we have a "droid" phone and we have a tricorder app and a lightsaber (actually I think there are a couple) app/s? Nice...