Tricking Verizon into thinking you're using less data?

chelsea22

Reaction score
So I finally had to switch from my unlimited data plan to a 2gb data plan. I don't have internet at home so I can't switch to wi-fi there to use less data. Is there a way to have a Data Blocker or something into tricking Verizon into thinking you are using less data than what you are?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Negatory good buddy.... sorry

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So I finally had to switch from my unlimited data plan to a 2gb data plan. I don't have internet at home so I can't switch to wi-fi there to use less data. Is there a way to have a Data Blocker or something into tricking Verizon into thinking you are using less data than what you are?

No way. As soon as you power on your phone it connect to Verizon network...and then they got you:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score
ugh! so lame. i did not want to switch from the unlimited data.. ahh i'm screwed.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
ugh! so lame. i did not want to switch from the unlimited data.. ahh i'm screwed.

No, just paying for what you use. Not sure why you had to give up your unlimited data...I guess you upgraded your phone. Lets face it, they've devised a system that "the average bear" can't get around. I guess we have a choice...cheap, subsidized $600.00 phones for ~$200.00 or we pay to use their network/technology.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

wcjeep

Reaction score
Leave some room with your data cap. Some have found the network count is slightly different than the phone data count.

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score
didn't upgrade, i "took over" the contract for my number from my ex and when i "took it over" they wouldn't keep the same plan.. they made me change it.

Natey2

Reaction score
Here's where AT&T excels; they'll let old customers keep their old plan, even across upgrades.

jaye712

Reaction score
There actually is a way believe it or not

215 G.I JANE/OORAHH

Caesars

Reaction score
Woah since when did transfer of liability make you feel change Plans..... I hope they at least offered you a subsidized phone.

Edit : trying swift key, so a lot of random words.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Caesars said:
Woah since when did transfer of liability make you feel change Plans..... I hope they at least offered you a subsidized phone.

Edit : trying swift key, so a lot of random words.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

In SwiftKey settings you can change the space bar to not add predictive random (daily oxymoron) words.

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score

This was exactly my point. I argued about this, but the 'gentleman' working said they're no longer doing that.. and had I been a crappy person I would of just left my ex with the contract and took my business to someone with an unlimited data plan.