Trexcell 1700 battery

wardo

Reaction score
I purchased from amazon last night for $18 bucks. I think it comes with 2 batteries and a wall charger, you can plug a usb into.

Should be a pretty good buy even if it's only good as the stock battery.

I will update this thread for the next week, should get the battery tomorrow.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Got the batteries, yes it came with 2. Visual quality looks good. The wall charger is nice you can plug in a USB. We shall see how well it works in the days to come.

How can I see the actual power the battery has. Like if its really a 1700

tropicaffair

Reaction score
Try out "Battery Monitor Widget" from the market. It gives you some decent info, has a small footprint and also indicates the mAh size of your battery (mostly). My stock 1400 mAh battery is read as being 1350 mAh.

turdbogls

Reaction score
pretty interested with this. during the week battery is no concern to me, but on the weekends it is nearly impossible for me to get through an entire day on a single charge with my usage.

was reading the reviews, one guy said it registered at 3500MaH, just like the stock battery, but someone else said they loved the battery so who knows.

really looking forward to hearing your experience with this battery.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
It’s been 6 days and 7 maybe 8 full charges, between 2 new 1700 Trexcell batteries. These things work!

I downloaded the battery monitor widget to verify the mah. I don’t know if this matters but I set the max power level for the battery charge up to 1900 mah. The first charge gained around 1600 mah. The charge kept climbing and will now show 1900 at 100%

I’m not sure if it’s really holding 1900 mah, but the battery works good. It’s lasted up 16 hours and more than 8 hours playing drag racing, emails, texts and web surfing.

In reference to the stock battery would only show a max charge of 1350 mah, it losses power very fast.

Definitely a good but for under $25 bucks.

turdbogls

Reaction score
It’s been 6 days and 7 maybe 8 full charges, between 2 new 1700 Trexcell batteries. These things work!

I downloaded the battery monitor widget to verify the mah. I don’t know if this matters but I set the max power level for the battery charge up to 1900 mah. The first charge gained around 1600 mah. The charge kept climbing and will now show 1900 at 100%

I’m not sure if it’s really holding 1900 mah, but the battery works good. It’s lasted up 16 hours and more than 8 hours playing drag racing, emails, texts and web surfing.

In reference to the stock battery would only show a max charge of 1350 mah, it losses power very fast.

thanks for the update. i will be buying these as long as my new TB works like it is supposed to.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Yesterday was pronominal performance. No charging for 13 hours, still had 20% left. I played drag racing for at least 1 full hour, sent about 50-60 text’s, 10-15 emails, 1 or 2 honey badger videos during the day.

Boxman

Reaction score
This was a great deal and the batteries last longer than the stock battery. I like the charger . Has anybody tried charging the stock battery in this charger ?
Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
getting my battery (i only ordered 1 with no charger) tomorrow. excited to try it out. but really happy to have an extra battery and charger (bought a dock with external battery charger) on hand for the weekends to swap out batteries if need be. with my weekend usage, anlong with running at 1.4ghz and a sense 3. ROM, this thing is running through juice like crazy.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
This was a great deal and the batteries last longer than the stock battery. I like the charger . Has anybody tried charging the stock battery in this charger ?
Thanks for the tip.

it works, the only thing about the new charger is it messes with the phone. delays and weird stuff.

getting my battery (i only ordered 1 with no charger) tomorrow. excited to try it out. but really happy to have an extra battery and charger (bought a dock with external battery charger) on hand for the weekends to swap out batteries if need be. with my weekend usage, anlong with running at 1.4ghz and a sense 3. ROM, this thing is running through juice like crazy.

sounds like you have enough going on to power a house.
I would like to learn how to add all that stuff to my phone, after i am eligible for a upgrade that is.

how can i check what ghz my phone is pushing?

turdbogls

Reaction score
Stock thunderbolt runs at 1ghz. To get it up over that you need to root your phone. Its pretty straight forward but if you dont know what you are doing, you can mess up your phone. I suggest reading up on the topic, read some more, download thw files, and read evwn more before going this rout.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

turdbogls

Reaction score

how exactly did you do the above? i downloaded the batt monitor widget, went into settings, and set mine to 1700mah, and it is still at 1350mah. however i set it when my battery was at 100% so maybe that has something to do with it.

either way, i can already tell this battery is slightly better than stock. usually on my drive to work, i can blow through about 18% of my battery (streaming tune in radio...its a battery killer) but today when i got to work i was at 88%. so it already seems to be working well. even if it is a lie, it is still nice to have an extra battery available. thanks for the suggestion.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Stock thunderbolt runs at 1ghz. To get it up over that you need to root your phone. Its pretty straight forward but if you dont know what you are doing, you can mess up your phone. I suggest reading up on the topic, read some more, download thw files, and read evwn more before going this rout.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

thanks for the info, maybe i will do the htc process if it actually comes out.

how exactly did you do the above? i downloaded the batt monitor widget, went into settings, and set mine to 1700mah, and it is still at 1350mah. however i set it when my battery was at 100% so maybe that has something to do with it.

either way, i can already tell this battery is slightly better than stock. usually on my drive to work, i can blow through about 18% of my battery (streaming tune in radio...its a battery killer) but today when i got to work i was at 88%. so it already seems to be working well. even if it is a lie, it is still nice to have an extra battery available. thanks for the suggestion.

Open the app, press menu, select settings, then select Monitoring.
Battery capacity is where you can change the settings.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
So are these worth it? I can usually make it about 11 hours throughout the day, and thats with my crappy signal at work, using wifi, texting, and internet. What do you think? I was looking at this, the sedio 1750, or that mytouch 4g 1650. Suggestions?

xashaffer

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if these batteries will charge in the extra battery slot on the dock that HTC finally released for the TB. Anyone have them both?