1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Traveling to China--will droid work?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by MikeGoob, Jan 25, 2010.

1. MikeGoob

MikeGoob Member

I'm going to china for a week. Will my droid work at all? for email for whatever. Ford phone calls can i setup a voip yet? Help : )
  2. droiddoes1912

droiddoes1912 New Member

Only on wi-fi.
  3. lovekmats

lovekmats New Member

I went to Taiwan a month ago with my Droid and I got a few text messages from Verizon telling me how to make phone calls back to the US and locally to Taiwan numbers, and the charge for it (I believe it said $20/kb, forgot how many cents per minute though?). I just remember it was really expensive.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  4. mdaugherty

mdaugherty New Member

Your CDMA (droid) phone will work in China. It will not work in Hong Kong. The rate is something like .60 cents a minute and not sure how much data is going to cost you. All of your calls from home come through and your paying for each one. I would not use my Droid there unless money was not a issue. Pick up or borrow a cheap phone that has a SIM card and the airtime is like 2 cents a minute. Phone kiosk everywhere there will sell you a SIM + number for about $30 with plenty of time on the card.
  5. MikeGoob

MikeGoob Member

Thanks for the replies!
    Buying a temp phone is an option. I have google voice so I can forward my calls to go there and then just call people back if I have to.

I downloaded Fring, and can open a skype account and use the phone that way IF China is like I imagine most Asian countries to be: lots of free wifi everywhere. I'll have to look it up.
Search tags for this page
android work in china
app that can make a cdma phone work in china
can i use droid razr in china
can i use my verizon droid bionic in taiwan

does android work in china

does android work in china?

droid 2 use in china
droid x work in hong kong
use verizon phone work in china
verizon+droid+razr+work+in china?
will my android cell phone work in china