Traveling to Canada

markgam

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Canada (Vancouver BC) with my Bolt, what options do I have other than WiFi (new SIM card, etc)?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Droid Forums

geoff5093

Reaction score
I don't believe you have any option as CDMA doesn't use SIM cards, the one in the phone is only for LTE, which as far as I know can't be switched like you can with GSM phones. Your only real option is to roam with your phone, or buy an international plan for the month with Verizon.

OP
M

markgam

Reaction score
Thanks, I have an old Black Berry 9700 from tmobile that I might see if I can activate for the month.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Thanks, I have an old Black Berry 9700 from tmobile that I might see if I can activate for the month.

When I went to Canada two summers ago, I switched to the North America plan including data for two weeks, it was like $10 more. When I got back, I was charged $500 or something ridiculous for data. But I called and got that removed, so my net cost was an hour on the phone twice (once to set up and once to take care of it) and about $10. Great deal if you can get that still.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I went about a year and a half ago. I had my og droid I think and I paid for the Canada plan ($15 or so iirc) and it allowed me calling and data, but texts where $. 25 each I think so I didn't send more than a handful. Ili had no problems and I was in a smaller down (grand prarie)