Traveling to Canada

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Any one here take their droid to Canada?
I am going to go thru severe withdrawals this summer. I was looking at global plans so that I could take my Droid X across the border this summer for a month. OUCH! 100 dollars for 100 megs of data? yeesh. It makes me sad that I will probably have to just buy some crummy burner phone just to use for one month. I do have an old touch pro 2 that has sim card. I guess I could buy a card from rogers or telus or something but It may be easier to just go lo-tek for the month. turn on airplane mode and just use the phone in wifi hotspots.

I don't know how I am going to break it to my Texting Teen. LOL I think I will have withdrawals, they will have a melt down with out texting. hehe.

Any ideas? roaming on a foreign country is so expensive I could actually probably just have a family member in Canada add me to their plan.

In my perfect world all phones work on all networks and one price to go anywhere. Sigh..... we can dream lol.

Mr.VZW

Reaction score
to be honest i wouldnt even talk it with me. i'd activate an old phone that doesnt use data. reason being is you'll take it off airplane mode to make a call, leave the wifi zone, go back to 3g and the phone will do some huge auto update. or atleast thats how my luck works. if your traveling, just take a basic phone.