Traveling Internationally

sandya

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone has loaded an app in order to use maps or some sort of navigation internationally in europe. I am traveling and was wondering if I could use my phone as a gps or guide.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the forum... I have left the country... but I never used an app.. it was back in 02 lol.. now they want me to leave the country again :blink: lol :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Not all phones, but the razr does have the ability to use gps without wifi or data connection. But if you don't pre-load the maps before, then like Sydman said, the gps needs the data connection to load the maps.... otherwise, even though the gps works, it will show your location on a blank screen.

So, pre-load the maps you need and you won't need a data connection or wifi connection and there will not be any data charges. You will be able to use your gps successfully without data on.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I'm curious about battery life, i use my gps for mushroom hunting, but i also hate to run my battery down while I'm out hunting. If i pre load maps, I'm assuming it would use less battery. But how much less? Anyone have any experience with that?