Traveling in Canada. Can I use a Canada SIM card?

tommyz

Reaction score
I will be traveling into Canada this summer. Can I get a SIM card in Canada and use it in my Thunderbolt to save money on the calls and maybe DATA?

johnd09

Reaction score
Not unless they have lte, the 4g radio is the only part of the phone that uses the SIM card, other than that there is no difference in this phone every other Verizon phone.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

OP
tommyz

tommyz

Reaction score
Not unless they have lte, the 4g radio is the only part of the phone that uses the SIM card, other than that there is no difference in this phone every other Verizon phone.

Thank you

I didn't know that. I thought things were different. When I tried to boot my phone without the SIM card I don't remember it working at all, not even phone calls. I could be wrong about that though, it was a while back when I tried that.

johnd09

Reaction score
I do know it still runs phone calls over the same network they always have other than being slightly different when it comes to simultaneous voice and data.

xashaffer

Reaction score
I don't know if another sim card would work in it or not, but the sim card is definitely needed even for 3G and calls. Even the Droid Incredible 2 has a sim card and its only a 3G phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The incredible 2 is a global phone, that's why it has a sim card slot.

Last edited: