Travel Apps

Irishpapa

Reaction score
I apologize it this topic has been covered before. I am now traveling more and more and would like to get a good travel app for my Droid. I have looked (not bought as of yet) at Kayak, Pageonce, World Mate Flight Track w/trip it. But maybe someone has found a better app or can comment on one of these. I thank you in advance for any information.

Mmracing

Reaction score
I use one called Tripit. Here is a short description:

------------------------------------
TripIt for Android is a free app that keeps your TripIt itineraries at the ready. Get instant access to all the information you might need while you're traveling, even when you can't connect to the Internet.
------------------------------------

I have not upgraded to their Pro version but find it very helpful. It works well with Google Maps.

TravelGuy

Reaction score
My favorite travel app for the Droid is FlightView.

It's the best flight tracker available, and it's free! It's also available in a paid version with no advertisements.

In addition to tracking your flight in real time, the FlightView app helps you plan for airport delays, organize your trip information and share your flight's status with friends via social networks.

I travel all the time, and this is by far one of the best apps available.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
My favorite flight tracker is "Flightstats". It has a homescreen widget that was really up to date including gate info, and the app itself checks the weather in the airports.

Tapatalk on Motorola Droid, UDeXtreme 8.0.0