TRansparent Pulldowns for PE_GBv5

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Mbk, Feb 24, 2011.

1. segdoh49

segdoh49 New Member

Installed fine without changing name, in fact I left it in the Android Themes folder and navigated there through RZR and had no prolem installing....
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Good to know, thanks for testing it... I'm sure srmason will try it how you did it...
  3. segdoh49

segdoh49 New Member

Yea it really doesn't mateer where it is placed, as long as you know where it is and can navigate to it through RZR. Can you tell me where the backgrouds are place during the install ?
    I'm looking for the Patroits background to place as Wallpaper.....
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  4. srmason6

srmason6 New Member

Do you have a theme installed?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. Mbk

Yeah that's how CWM works as well, and the update.zip is replacing the framework-res and SystemUI apks
  6. segdoh49

segdoh49 New Member

Yes I have the theme installed, but it did not install the Wallpaper , just don't know why, maybe because I already had a wallpaper up ????
  7. Mbk

B-Boy, you were right about this...
    I guess I goofed in my testing.... it did take afterall after pulling the battery after several FC's... :redface: ... not sure why the script did not take properly the first round of testing...???

OK back to the drawing boards for a redo...:) , gonna try adding the framework-res flash first and try to keep it from rebooting before the SystemUI flash takes place as well
  8. Mbk

Yeah that.d be why... I'm gonna try to tweak these into MetaMorphs afterall, in which case if the wallpaper still doesn't show up then you can manually go into AndroidThemes folder and then into the MM folder and apply the wallpsper
  9. segdoh49

segdoh49 New Member

Found it //////Thanks
  10. Mbk

Well I seem to have been successful now to apply both framework-res and SystemUI MetaMorph subthemes to complete a full Transparent Pulldown ...

For anyone who'd like to test this MM please make sure you have a nandroid backup...

Extract the MetaMorph.zip, then apply the framework-res part of the MM, after reboot, pick existing theme in MetaMorph and then select to apply the SystemUI part, it will start FC'ing, after about 5 FC's or when you see the 'theme applied' popup message come up, pull the battery and it will all be applied...

PE_GBv5.0.2_Patriots_Pulldowns_MM.zip

please let me know how it went if you try
  11. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Well, all I wanted was a (plain) transparent pulldown in PE5.0.2. I tried this, the download file name had the Patriot's name in it.

So anyways, I put it into /sdcard/AndroidThemes and used MM to extract and apply it as suggested, using the .xml control file I applied the framework-res portion first, rebooted and then saw a bunch of Patriots stuff. Then went back to MM, selected existing theme and tried to apply the SystemUI.apk and it FC'd much more than 5 times, more like endless, so I did the batt pull. After reboot, did it again, this time without a FC, but still no "theme applied" message. Didn't work, still have basically the stock PE5.0.2 pulldown and then no option to remove the Patriot's branding from my lockscreen. Nandroid backup restored. Still waiting for the full on unbranded/unthemed transparent pulldown for PE5.0.2.

And that's all I have to say for now.
  12. Mbk

Yeah that was my initial results applying these with MetaMorph... may have to just stick to update.zips if I cannot get the MMs to be stable... just that MMs are more easy to apply from ROM version update to the next...

as for going back to stock, just flash the ROM again without wiping...simple to get back to stock...
  13. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Get the app zipthemer from the market... find a plain transparent pulldown that is in a metamorph set up and dl it. Then open zipthemer and follow the few steps, it will make an update.zip out of the mm theme as well as an undo zip to go back to how it was before you flashed... pretty easy stuff... and I kinda would have assumed seeing patriots in the download link 'might' be a good assumption that it wasn't gonna be plain... ;) ... on a side note, I have metamorphed over 100 gingerbread pulldowns successfully so I know this works.... hope ya get it working man....
  14. Mbk

Here's a plain Transparent Pulldown, Smoked Glass style/\..... just follow the directions as before except this only has the pulldown image in SystemUI.apk.... let it FC several times, then pull the battery...

@BBoy, thanks for the suggestion bro, perhaps you or I can get these SystemUI MMs stable :)
  15. B-boy™

You should try to decompile it then compile it with a new sig and see if that works... or decompile it and point the pullfown back to status_bar_background .... I think the decompiling error is what's causing the issue....

16. Mbk

Well your donation never did come thru, not sure what happened but it never did reach me... anyways I do plan to get to the Niners hopefully by tonite, got wrapped up trying to fix the MM capability which took most of my spare time tonite...
  17. Mbk

I already tried pointing it to another png, as well as adding a custom one to point to (no go on the FC's)... signing it on recompile is an interesting idea... may have to give that a try...:)

EDIT:... signing had no effect, but an interesting thing did happen when I tried installing only the SystemUI.apk...I lost my status bar on top??... not sure if it was a fluke, maybe mnore so that the SystemUI and the framework-res needs to install together ...hmmm...
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  18. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Well, it worked for me, though I had the same result at first where the status bar dissappeared, but it was back on reboot. But I guess the other thing I'm missing is tha background of the notificiations being black as well. See me screenie's below, one from CM6.2 the other from PE5.0.2 w/you smoked glass pulldown:

Oh yeah, p.s. I totally agree with using MM for theming, I wish more theme devs used it as it is a very transportable method. I have been using it (and NinjaMorph) for keeping my old DarkSE/24k theme since Eclair days as that's about when KrazyKrivda stopped updating it. . . .
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  19. B-boy™

Hmmm..... thats just odd.... I mm'd a few different SystemUI icons when gb first came out to test it and it always applied, never removed... I wonder what is so messed up with that Apk to cause such an issue?.. I think redmanX has the same fc issue w/ phone.Apk... in his install tut it mentions a plethora of fc's and to Yank the battery.... something to do with its significance w/ the system..... hmmmmmmmm

20. Mbk

Yeah with those black noti brs, you'd just have to take them from your CM and MM them inot the PE ROM... maybe I can take a look since I do have CM7 as well...
Search tags for this page

my ios7 pull up bar png isnt transparent

red soxs pulldowns for android