TRansparent Pulldowns for PE_GBv5

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Mbk, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Here's the Patriots in an Update.zip..... and since PE_GB has a few extra lockscreen options, added a little something for the other lockscreens... only the Sense lockscreen remains stock...

PE_GB501_Patriots.zip

EDIT: I could've sworn I made the RedSox one for someone, but can't find it in my archives nor on my MediaFire account... so I'll have to redo that one from scratch... probably will have that for you tomorrow...;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. srmason6

srmason6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MBK, thank it looks great, I didn't realize how much I like the pull down until it was gone!! FYI, I had to flash CW to update it as it wouldn't do it with RZR, installed, flashed back to RZR, and all is fine, I really like the sense lock screen as well!!dancedroid

3. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    I hadn't tested rzr recovery.....maybe for the red sox one I can ..... glad you like it bro, enjoy

4. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
  5. srmason6

srmason6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MBK, thanks, they both look awesome....thanks again, you really do great work:icon_ banana:

6. alex408123

alex408123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Going to donate right now.... can you make the 49ERS and San Fran Giants pulldown.

7. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Any donations would be greatly appreciated...... I'll work on those probably later tonite or tomorrow ...

8. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7

MM will work, it just fc's before it reboots... if ya keep hitting force close until mm says all themes applied and yank the batt, it works fine... just an fyi... ;)

9. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Have you tested it on PEv501?... I'm thinking you haven't since all my attempts FC'd til reboot since my MM's had both SystemUi and Framework-res edits, and upon the SystemUI installing first and causing FC's until the Framework subtheme was applied and then rebooting... upon reboot only the framework MM subtheme takes... in every instance I tried... so I think that what you're describimg only seems to be for UD

10. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    I'll post the Patriots and RedSox subtheme.zips for PEv5.0.2 tomorrow... and also I've found out that RZR is like SPR, just rename the zip to just update.zip and it should apply...CWM flashes these as named without needing to be renamed to update.zip

EDIT:... from my understanding you can update to PEv5.0.2, then reapply either Patriots or RedSox zips as usual since SystemUI and Framework-res were not changed in the 5.0.2 update...;)... in fact you won't need to even reinstall the team zips, they'll remain intact after flashing the v5.0.2 update

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  11. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Actually, it works on any rom pointing to shade_bg.. it's gonna fc regardless so make 2 mm's per pulldown, 1 systemUI and 1 framework... little more work but gets it done.. maybe look into the app zipthemer.. it makes an update.zip that supposedly will travel from rom to rom so it's universal... I'll just keep my mouth shut tho.....;)

12. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    PEv5 does point to the shade_bg in SystemUI, but that's what doesn't apply....even when I did make it independent than the framework part of the MM....

As for Zipthemer ....if it uses update.zip then it'd overwrite the whole apks no?...in which case might as well just use recovery.

What can be done is to have an update.zip for the systemui and an mm for the framework changes only....... but it just seems easier to create an update.zip with all changes together...;)

13. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    I haven't used zipthemer but it takes a mm theme and makes it into an update zip, so I dunno if it acts like mm and only replaces the edited pngs or if it replaces all of them in each Apk.... it was just an idea. But if someone is running a ttheme and they try to use one of your pulldowns that uses an update.zip then they'll lose the images from that Apk... so it kinda sucks that pe doesn't seem to agree with mm... so far all other roms pointing to shade_bg work fine... ya might try reversing the order, have framework apply first.. then SystemUI... on the themeswitcher app the top one is metamorphing a theme and he has the order of application switched... just remove the (requires reboot) from the XML.. then they can choose no to reboot and apply SystemUI next.... also, just an idea. I don't run pe so I don't know the exacts.... :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

14. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    I figured you hadn't tried theMMs on PE otherwise I would figure you would have seen.....and telling the xml not to reboot wouldn't stop the auto reboot, MM does it because its the framework

Btw.... how many fc's do you do for the other ROMs

15. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Average is 5... just enough to see mm say 'all themes applied'... then Yank the battery... yeah I wasn't trying to sound bossy bro, just from other sites I'm on I have tested on a lot of different roms and since mojo changed the XML to point to shade, It should have worked... heck I made a fix for lgb and it changed the pulldown but not to the image I added, its red now???... lol... just some more fun stuff we getta deal with on gb roms I guess.... and I know framework reboots but I thought if ya didn't tell it to, that it would always prompt? ... maybe not.. but making 2 zips per pulldown really isn't that bad. If they want it and like it, then adding one extra step isn't gonna be an issue .. 'if' SystemUI will apply on its own w/ the fc's....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

my ios7 pull up bar png isnt transparent

red soxs pulldowns for android