1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

TRansparent Pulldowns for PE_GBv5

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Mbk, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I've been able to get the transparent pulldowns to take on this ROM, however I lose the ability to have the notifications to show up on the pulldown area no more.... I know that a member mentioned that my MetaMorph NFL pulldowns don't work with this or other GB ROMs, so I've been trying to see if I can fix that and put out new MetaMorph.zips that'd work, but ran into this glitch thus far...

Hmmmm... wonder why??...:p
    Anyone else figured this out yet?
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

What happens if you make a pulldown that isnt transparent? Correct me if I am wrong but GB puts the status bar font stuff in colors or styles.. forget which one.. insted of in the jar file. So, maybe, you making the background transparent inadvertantly made the font transparent. Cuold be there but you cant see it. Just an idea.. i really don't know the answer.
  3. Mbk

If you see the first screenshot, the notifications do appear with a generic transparent pulldown image, but adding a full-sized custom pulldown causes the notifications not to appear... I'm thinking it has to do with that area trying to expand to wide and thus not showing any of the notis...

trying a couple things from adding custom pngs to point to as well as just working the .9.png that the stock SystemUi xml points to for the pulldown...
  4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

I believe that mojo_droid is working on a fix that will help all of us themers with this issue.
  5. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

yea, i have a fix for it, the pulldown background is set to shade_bg (that seemed like the common image to set it to, but i can change that to anything). its in systemUI. here is an update.zip with a transparent backgound for you themers

*this file is for themers only, you could potentially mess things up if you dont know what your doing
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  6. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Thank you kind sir!!!!
  7. Mbk

Currently you had it set to title_bar_portrait.9.png... changing it to the shade_bg.png at full sized png still loses the notifications...

EDIT:...ok, I see that you changed it to the shade bg..... I actually had the expanding xml editted along with that tracking xml... I'm trying merely by editting the shade bg png that you are now pointing to...
  8. mojo_droid

You must've been looking at the wrong file cuz it was.set to a hard coded rgb value. I tested thus current update.zip and I get the transparent background and do not lose notifications
  9. Mbk

Yeah I editted my post, and yeah you did have the original coded to a hex color code, I think I may have initially thrown everyone off by playing with the title bar portrait png as well...;).:p...

anyways, now trying a full 480x780 png...:) that's where I was losing the notis, because I was ediiting the title bar png too large as well... I got the transparency, but not with the full image.... I was editting one too many lines in another xml...:p
  10. Mbk

Yep... you had it already mojo_droid, it's working fine now bro...:)
  11. mojo_droid

Nice

Although it would be better if that BK was the steelers....:)
  12. Mbk

hahahahaha... Steelers cost me some $$$$$$$$$ last playoff though...:p
  13. Mbk

I'm afraid MetaMorphs for NFL pulldowns is a no-go for these GB ROMs, the SystemUI.apk will not play nice with MM.....
    I can do them via update.zip for anything ion that apk.... framework-res.apk changes still can be done via MM so atleast that's a plus
  14. srmason6

srmason6 New Member

MBK, the lock screen still looks good, but would love an update.zip for the transparent pulldown, and lock screen for the Patriots, and Red Sox...donation should be in your firdge this am
  15. Mbk

Truly appreciate it Bro... will post update.zips for both using the latest 5.0.1 updated systemui and framework
  16. Mbk

Here's the Patriots in an Update.zip..... and since PE_GB has a few extra lockscreen options, added a little something for the other lockscreens... only the Sense lockscreen remains stock...

PE_GB501_Patriots.zip

EDIT: I could've sworn I made the RedSox one for someone, but can't find it in my archives nor on my MediaFire account... so I'll have to redo that one from scratch... probably will have that for you tomorrow...;)
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  17. srmason6

srmason6 New Member

MBK, thank it looks great, I didn't realize how much I like the pull down until it was gone!! FYI, I had to flash CW to update it as it wouldn't do it with RZR, installed, flashed back to RZR, and all is fine, I really like the sense lock screen as well!!dancedroid
  18. Mbk

I hadn't tested rzr recovery.....maybe for the red sox one I can ..... glad you like it bro, enjoy
  19. Mbk

20. srmason6

srmason6 New Member

MBK, thanks, they both look awesome....thanks again, you really do great work:icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page

my ios7 pull up bar png isnt transparent

red soxs pulldowns for android