Transparent pulldown GB

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a patch out for Gingerbread for a transparent pulldown? Hate not being able to see through my notification area haha

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Froyo was the same way until Xeudoxus modified something (can't remember if it was services.jar or framework-res.apk).

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there a patch out for Gingerbread for a transparent pulldown? Hate not being able to see through my notification area haha

The new location for the pulldown is shade_bg.png in SystemUI.apk.. there are a few gb ROMS that are pointing to a color code instead of that png tho.. and SystemUI errors out decompiling it so it's a tough fix.. for the ROMS that point to shade_bg, transparency is already there. All of my themes have transparent pulldowns... I made a fix for LGB but didn't have anyone to test it out so I dunno if that issue ever got fixed... hope this helps..

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

The new location for the pulldown is shade_bg.png in SystemUI.apk.. there are a few gb ROMS that are pointing to a color code instead of that png tho.. and SystemUI errors out decompiling it so it's a tough fix.. for the ROMS that point to shade_bg, transparency is already there. All of my themes have transparent pulldowns... I made a fix for LGB but didn't have anyone to test it out so I dunno if that issue ever got fixed... hope this helps..

Hey Bboy thanks for the reply. So you're saying if I make shade_bg transparent, the pulldown will be transparent? Without any patch?

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Hey Bboy thanks for the reply. So you're saying if I make shade_bg transparent, the pulldown will be transparent? Without any patch?

The one in SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi is solid I think.. so as long as your rom is pointing to that png rather than #cc000000 or whatever the code is, then you're good to go... if you metamorph it in, it WILL fc before mm reboots. Just keep hitting fc untill mm says all themes applied.. then yank the batt and reboot... update.zip method is fine though, so far...lol...

CAP201102141023.jpg
I have a black bg for my screenshots to bring out the colors but you can see the lame dockbar near the bottom... so it's transparent.. :).. But I only set the opacity to like 88%...

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah ok so it depends on the ROM itself too then? Anyway I'll give it a try, I'm using UD 3.0.1 so will check to see if it works. Thanks!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did it work then?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ufjay5

Reaction score
How did you get the notifications on the status bar like that?

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Explain what you mean tho....

Sent from the Titanic

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
B-boy

Im trying to make my friends pulldown transparent on Nexus One. Its running stock 2.3.4 rom with BlackNBold widgets. Do you know if I need to do anything special on this rom. I'm charging phone now so I'll give shade_bg.png a test but I really am not sure if thats all I will need to do on this rom.

Thanks for any info you may have.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gb roms uuse shade_bg from SystemUI but it comes stock pointing to #cc000000 rather than a PNG... if that's the case, you'll need to decompile SystemUI and in Res/layout/status bar tracking change that to @drawable/shade_bg instead.... and the notification tabs are still in framework....

Sent from the Titanic

ufjay5

Reaction score
transparent.jpg

How did you get the icons in the pull down bar like that? Widgetsoid does not work on gingerbread. I am using notification toggle but what app are you using to do yours?

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
transparent.jpg

How did you get the icons in the pull down bar like that? Widgetsoid does not work on gingerbread. I am using notification toggle but what app are you using to do yours?

It's the Galaxy S notification widget that comes with some ROMs. I'm using UD 2.5 right now, and it has that feature, and I'm pretty sure almost all the Froyo ROMs do as well. You should see it in the interface settings for your ROM