Transparent Phone.apk - can it be done ?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tallica plus myself plus gtalk equals the question -

Can the phone.apk be themed like the transparent contacts.apk/pandora.apk/music.apk and if so, let's do it :happy:

...by Phone.apk - We mean the In Call Screen

2mzgwf8.png

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How has no one thought of this before?

Maybe 'cause it's difficult? Don't know just asking.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...or no one stares at their phone in amazement while on a phone call - well I do :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
One of the versions of Liquid (1.4 I think) had a transparent dialer

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not the dialer - it has been done and is the standard IMO, this is in reference to the In Call Screen aka Phone.apk and PhoneConfig.apk -

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe it was one of the Insanely Clean ROMs..? I know one of the ROMs I've ran had a transparent dialer and contacts though but I haven't really seen it since.
*edit* don't think I've ever seen the in call screen done...sorry for not reading correctly (long day).

Not the dialer - it has been done and is the standard IMO, this is in reference to the In Call Screen aka Phone.apk and PhoneConfig.apk -

DroidForums junkie!!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe it was one of the Insanely Clean ROMs..? I know one of the ROMs I've ran had a transparent dialer and contacts though but I haven't really seen it since.
*edit* don't think I've ever seen the in call screen done...sorry for not reading correctly (long day).

DroidForums junkie!!

DD you're getting your apps confused. The contacts.apk handles the dialpad screen while not on a call. The phone.apk is the in-call screen, and in-call dialpad

The transparent Contacts.apk has been done and is standard in a bunch of Roms, the Phone.apk...don't think I've seen that transparent...Yet!

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will post a screen shot of my In Call Screen in the O/P

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, when I went back and actually read everything, I noticed that. Sorry about being a goober guys! :(

867-5309?? Hahaha!!! Now I have that song stuck in my head!!

DroidForums junkie!!

DD you're getting your apps confused. The contacts.apk handles the dialpad screen while not on a call. The phone.apk is the in-call screen, and in-call dialpad

The transparent Contacts.apk has been done and is standard in a bunch of Roms, the Phone.apk...don't think I've seen that transparent...Yet!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I went back and actually read everything, I noticed that. Sorry about being a goober guys! :(

I thought that was your number - I was tryin' to call and tell you not to be such a goober :tongue:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha...ha...ha....fuuuuunny.... ;)

I thought that was your number - I was tryin' to call and tell you not to be such a goober :tongue:

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
spaz doesn't get a lot of play from the basement so any chance he gets he jumps on it :D