Transparent Notification Bar

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by HackerCity, Nov 16, 2010.

1. drpurp

drpurp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I made a MM theme a few months ago when I used Zune Launcher as my main launcher. I grew tired of it later and stashed the MM on my HD because at the time I didn't like the default launcher and LauncherPro kept the bar non-transparent.

2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    What old MM is that??... because the behaivior is identical to the MM I just made...???

EDIT:...lol, we just posted at the same time... post your MM, I'd like to see what you did different but yet uit acts the same...;)

3. drpurp

drpurp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most likely, I haven't read the new posts. The images in the framework-res I changes was some of the stats (added shadow), some tweaks to notifications (status_bar_*), and made these two blank transparents:

statusbar_background.9
    title_bar_shadow.9

4. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life

Ratings:
    +4
    What I meant was that I'd like to look at your .9 PNGs to see what you did...;)

5. drpurp

drpurp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh, ok! I zipped the folder. I also found the image I posted at xda when I made the theme. It was incomplete for some reason so I never distributed the MM.

6. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life

Ratings:
    +4
    Nice job drpurp..;)... althouigh you edited the titelbar_shadow png different, but the statius bar was basically the same, only size difference.

All in all yours looks good...:)

7. drpurp

drpurp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I think it was big because the theme that I tweaked had the image that size. I'm glad you guys were able to get the transparency, and now I can appreciate my wallpapers again! :icon_ banana:

8. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life

Ratings:
    +4
    Most of the framework images took, but none of the accompanying APKs took, they should have since they contained only images...XML looks written correct.

9. drpurp

drpurp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Whoops, forgot those were in there still. I only applied the framework. This was made back in September. Again, I was still playing with this before the courseload for the semester made me sway away from this.

10. mkcm97

mkcm97 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm trying to do a transparent bar for my theme. (semi-transparent, in parts). It's actually like a slit on the bottom (a thin black, and a thin white line with a reflective 0 degree gradient fg to transparent) and above that, I added white with the fill set to 20% so i put it in draw9patch, and blah blah blah, compile it blah blah blah. Then to double check, after it's compiled i open it up for a preview on my pc, looks fine.

I then plug it into my WIP theme, apply it, and you can see the slits and everything, but the parts I left transparent, became black. I then sent it to my friend to test on his froyo rom, and it worked fine.

So is this a gingerbread thing? or is it rom specific (i'm using liquid gingy 1.65)

forgive me if this has been previously mentioned... i've only read the first 5 pages lol.

Search tags for this page
android title bar shadow 9 png
mm transparent notification bar
s2 status bar transparent
title bar shadow transparan
title bar shadow xda

transparent notification bar

transparent status bar android
transparent status bar for gingerbread
transparent status bar gingerbread
transparent statusbar for gingerbread