Transparent Notification Bar

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kessler,, I dont know man... I have it fully transparent now on the lockscreen. It's transparent as well "on the inside" cause I can see the stuff scrolling behind it BUT.. theres an image (solid black) in the way that when the drop down is fully closed, it sits there. I'll be looking for this image now. (This is all theory by the way.)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok its definately transparent now. The issue is, if I open up an app (or am on the desktop) with a black background, it's black. If I open one with a white background, its white. So, I know its transparent now. I just don't know how to make the desktop picture be what is showing thru instead of the black or the white.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That wallpaper size should be in an xml. It is probably seperate from the statusbar though.... I know there is a statusbar xml, I would start with that one...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks ecsnead.. I'll get in there and hunt some more (I tried editing the size off the wallparer instead..doh)... I jsut tried something else.. waiting to see if i loop, fail or succeed.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
np, it should be defined by a parent size or something... I am sure it can be done because that is basically what is done by ADW to remove the satusbar.... I may look some myself after I pick up my son from practice... while I wait for 2.4 to drop????

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Huh, good point guys ... never thought about the wallpaper size! Makes perfect sense though given that the transparency is there on the lock screen. Now, how the heck do you change the wall paper size LOL

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I see the parent size in there but I'm unsure how to change the size of the parent.... so to speak.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Where did you find the parent? Not like I have any idea how to change it. Been trying to change parents for years with no success :p

Sent from my Full Android

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ha..ha :)

it's in the xml Yank... decompile it and open it up.. for example... android:layout_width="fill_parent"

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I also saw in a different xml, the status bar is set to a height of 25dip. You could change that but I was thinking on that one that if you set it to 0 or seomthing, the whole thing would go away, notifcations and all. Not good.

Now, I am also guessing that when in an app it colors it in white.. theres something in there to tell it to "fill_parent". The loclscreen I am sure has some kind of fill as well. So, the desktop is probably what needs to be expanded, not the status bar. I was looking for an xml that controls the wallpaper or whatever.. i dont know.

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yeah, this is all kinda outta my comfort zone LOL

I looked into this just thinking it'd be a simple image edit ... little did I know ;)

Sent from my Full Android

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been changing the color in few different XML's to #00000000 and so far the only difference I have been able to see after about 20 flashes is the battery percentage is clear....

OK, now I have a headache and need to kill it with a Bud Light...Good Luck guys

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i tried the old 00000000 as well.. no joy. And, I am having my beer right now with you!

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i tried the old 00000000 as well.. no joy. And, I am having my beer right now with you!

I have a question for you xkape, how can I get one of those nifty themer badges?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Guys, I think the statusbar and the desktop (wallpaper) are defined by two different parent sizes, ie they don't overlap.... if so, the transparent statusbar may not work???