Transparent MM widgets?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 91jolson, Mar 25, 2010.

1. 91jolson

91jolson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just downloaded the transparent power widget that stanrc posted here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/31939-mm-extra-clear-power-control-widget.html
    Edit; here is the transparent genie widget by stanrc if anyone needs it;http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/31157-transparent-genie-widget.html

And I was curious if anyone else found or has many any other transparent widgets (music,news+weather,pandora, etc.) around the forums.

Thanks!:)
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. vinnard

vinnard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Starnc has a transparent theme for the genie widget. I don't have a link though :(
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I will up a music one a bit later tonight if no one beats me to it, or knows where one is already hosted. I have it done, just don't have my USB cable on me right now.

I have made SetCPU, Mini-Info, Pandora, and AudioManager transparent as well. They are required to be in the /system/app/ folder. If you want themes for them I can send them over a bit later as well. Some people have had problems with MM theming some things though, so you may have to theme them manually, but if you want them I can mash them together into a theme and you can do what you please with them.
  4. wiredout46

wiredout46 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    would appreciate those widgets if you could theme them. thanks.
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Sorry for the delay, got caught up in a movie and kinda forgot I said I was going to do this. haha

I went ahead and threw together most, if not all of the transparencies I have done to widgets.

I removed all other theming beyond the transparency though.
    Default apps
    - Genie News and Weather
    - Music
    - Power
    - YouTube

I threw in the other market apps I have made clear as well. I will post a couple screen grabs of them too. My audio manager I also themed the audio bars, that isn't included in this theme, just the clear background.

- AudioManager
    - FML
    - MiniInfo
    - Pandora
    - SetCPU

To get those to possibly work with MM, you are going to have to move them from /data/app/ to /system/app/ and rename them to fit exactly as above.

If that doesn't work you can always do it manually, which is pretty much a guaranteed success. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s-ese53-noob-guide-adb-pull-push-theming.html <-- is a basic guide to doing it. Pull the file from /data/app/, theme it, push it back to /system/app/ . Double check their permissions (chmod 644 or rw- r-- r--). I can go in more detail if necessary.

*Edit* I messed something up in the zip, if you grabbed it prior to reading this. Redownload it. Sorry if you grabbed it prior to me catching it.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. Larkitect

Larkitect Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. CallMeBalls

CallMeBalls New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AudioManager.apk didn't work for the large widget. I made the bg files in drawable-hdpi transparent for the large widget. PM if you want them. Thanks for your work!
Search tags for this page

transparent widget