1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Transparent MM widgets?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 91jolson, Mar 25, 2010.

1. 91jolson

91jolson New Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. vinnard

vinnard New Member

Starnc has a transparent theme for the genie widget. I don't have a link though :(
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I will up a music one a bit later tonight if no one beats me to it, or knows where one is already hosted. I have it done, just don't have my USB cable on me right now.

I have made SetCPU, Mini-Info, Pandora, and AudioManager transparent as well. They are required to be in the /system/app/ folder. If you want themes for them I can send them over a bit later as well. Some people have had problems with MM theming some things though, so you may have to theme them manually, but if you want them I can mash them together into a theme and you can do what you please with them.
  4. wiredout46

wiredout46 New Member

would appreciate those widgets if you could theme them. thanks.
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Sorry for the delay, got caught up in a movie and kinda forgot I said I was going to do this. haha

I went ahead and threw together most, if not all of the transparencies I have done to widgets.

I removed all other theming beyond the transparency though.
    Default apps
    - Genie News and Weather
    - Music
    - Power
    - YouTube

I threw in the other market apps I have made clear as well. I will post a couple screen grabs of them too. My audio manager I also themed the audio bars, that isn't included in this theme, just the clear background.

- AudioManager
    - FML
    - MiniInfo
    - Pandora
    - SetCPU

To get those to possibly work with MM, you are going to have to move them from /data/app/ to /system/app/ and rename them to fit exactly as above.

If that doesn't work you can always do it manually, which is pretty much a guaranteed success. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s-ese53-noob-guide-adb-pull-push-theming.html <-- is a basic guide to doing it. Pull the file from /data/app/, theme it, push it back to /system/app/ . Double check their permissions (chmod 644 or rw- r-- r--). I can go in more detail if necessary.

*Edit* I messed something up in the zip, if you grabbed it prior to reading this. Redownload it. Sorry if you grabbed it prior to me catching it.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. Larkitect

Larkitect New Member

7. CallMeBalls

CallMeBalls New Member

AudioManager.apk didn't work for the large widget. I made the bg files in drawable-hdpi transparent for the large widget. PM if you want them. Thanks for your work!
Search tags for this page

transparent widget