1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

transparent curtain?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jpin321, Mar 5, 2011.

1. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

Does anyone know how to make the curtain on PE 5.0.2 transparent? I don't want to install a whole them. I would also like to have my market black. I have metamorph installed can this be done through that? if so how?

Thanks in advance.
  2. lopedog

lopedog New Member

Edit: bad info
  3. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

go here for the backround http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/122392-cyanolock-other-ui-edits.html

and here for the market http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blacked-out/130003-release-black-market-2-3-4-a.html

don't flash the file from the post above it'll change a lot more than just the pulldown background.
  4. lopedog

lopedog New Member

See Amos does have the answer.

"Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality." -Les Brown
  5. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

What do you mean don't flash it? Is it broken? I can't get the market to download.
  6. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

I meant don't flash the file that lopedog posted it's from my theme and it will change more than what you want changed. As for the market, read the thread from where the link takes you.
  7. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

Thanks amos I'll work on that I think the market download is broken i keep getting an error after the timer runs out on the download. Ill give it some time. Thanks for the quick response.
  8. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

no worries
  9. lopedog

lopedog New Member

Sorry bout that.

"Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality." -Les Brown
  10. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

Not a problem man you were just trying to help
  11. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

Ok amos I can't get this black market to install. I'm having the same problem as the guy in forum where I downloaded. I flash the install but it never showes in the app drawer. I see the vending.apk in system/app but it just wont show.

After restoring a few times and trying the stuff in the forum I'm out of options.

I'm running stock market 2.2.3 if that maters.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  12. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

okay I haven't had an issue so I haven't tried this fix, and it's pretty involved but should work. This is from a post in the honeycomb thread same issue though, trouble installing a themed vending.apk. Hope it helps.

f anyone is interested, these are the steps I took to get vending.apk installed.
    1. NandroidBACKUP
    2. Make a copy of the vending update.zip, rename it to 232vending.zip
    3. Delete vending.apk from zip file(system/app) and replace it with the vending from the original pe5 rom update.zip(version 2.3.2)
    4. Using root explorer, rename vending.apk to vending.bak
    5. Reboot into recovery, install 232vending.zip
    6. Restart phone
    7. Goto settings>applications>all tab, select market and uninstall updates
    8. Reboot into recovery and install the themed vending234.zip
    9. Restart phone and good to go.
  13. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot New Member

i had problems installing the blackout 2.3.4 Vending.apk, coming from the blackout 2.3.2 Vending.apk and i didn't make a backup so the price i paid was poot.

i couldn't get it to install when my phone automatically installed 2.3.4, so i went to settings/apps/manage apps/all/ market and un-installed the update which brought me down to 2.3.3. i then wiped data and cache. rebooting into recovery i flashed the update and it took (look for black market)

as a test, i also tried this for 2.3.2 wiping cache and data then flashing the 2.3.4 blackout Vending.apk and it took.

it would not, however, take if i tried clearing data and cache from 2.3.4.

i wrestled this for about a full day and really hope that helps. remember to backup! gingerbread has been nothing but weird to me :)

best,
    rf
  14. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

I have pretty much given up on getting this to work. It may just be "one of those things." I've tried everything posted but nothing works and I'm starting to get tired of restoring. Thanks for everyones help. Maybe ill try the next version.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

can we change notification curtain of android