Transformer 4 for best picture

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ZKKMe9J.gif

When I read this story by comicbook.com (which showed up on my "ok Google" screen) I thought this has got to be a joke. Look Transformers 4 had some explosions and made a lot of money overseas but let's be honest it was far from the best "anything". And if you go by critical ratings (18% on Rotten Tomatoes and 5.9 on IMDB) this thing is in line for a razzie. Just in case you think they made it up, which I did, check out this link Paramount Pictures Transformers Age of Extinction Consider .
Now look before you transformer fans come in here all upset even you have to admit it was not even the best summer blockbuster of the the year. But hey I am open to hearing arguments why you think it deserves an Oscar nomination.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I thought age of extinction was a bunch of crud.. It had some good spots.. But it felt like 3 poorly made movies, twisted into 1 really crappy movie.. Ymmv

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Oh no...what have they done? Well...it could've been worse they could have nominated Herc-.....V_V

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wasn't a fan of the last Transformers, especially the length! But the special effects were great.

S5 tap'n

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I can see it getting nominated for best visual effects but that's it. I'm a transformers fan and my vote is for guardians of the Galaxy for best movie. Wholeheartedly that was the best movie of the year.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been a tf fan since it came out in cartoons... But i just don't see this.. Yeah you're right.. Special effects... But.. Idk lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
None of these Bayformers movies were really awful. Just had to step back and not compare it to the original. It's a different story... Different universe... For a different audience. But everyone has their opinions and that's fine.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bayformers movies

The "Bayformers movies" were a nice summer popcorn movie worth seeing on the big screen if you liked explosions. Over the years when you think summer blockbuster transformers stuck out but now with Marvel doing it better all around with much better actors, story, and tie in it makes those Bayformers movies look even worse. I really think they need to give that property to someone else (out of the hands of Michael Bay or anyone associated with him) and allow them to reboot the franchise and actually design a movie where the plot and actors are just as good as the explosions. With technology being where it is where we have visually stunning movies, imagine if they were to make a movie where they were to take us inside the world of Cybertron.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've noticed that Bay sure likes to make things his own.. I guess as a musician, I should realize that when you're using your expressive talents.. That tends to happen... But man.. The look he gave the transformers and then the look he gave the ninja turtles.. Not saying I could've done better.. But i am saying.. I may have stayed more along their traditional lines.. And perhaps he wanted to make sure he didn't stay too close to their traditional lines... That could've well been his intent..

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I haven't seen this one. It's just not on my list of movies to see right now. I have had several opportunities to watch it overseas, but they were of pirated versions and I don't do pirating.