Transferring SD cards from old phone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Indigenous, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Indigenous

Indigenous New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought the amazing Droid Bionic to replace my Droid X. The Droid X was shutting down all by itself between 5-6 times a day. And I was eligible for an early upgrade. So in order to save all my downloaded music I swapped out SD cards. Now the Bionic shuts down occasionally, could, would the swapped out SD card cause this?
    Thanks!

2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    No, that's a known issue with the bionic. Switching SD cards should have nothing to do with it.

3. Indigenous

Indigenous New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, thanks Shadez!

4. Batman8

Batman8 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I upgraded to the Bionic from the Droid-X too. My issue when swapping the SD Card from one phone to the other was that I have had issues playing a lot of my MP3 songs that have always played with no problems in my Droid 1 and Droid-X. Absolutely NONE of my music playlists will play at all (no matter what music player I use, stock or 3rd party). Has anyone else experienced any problems playing music from a sd card that was swapped from an older phone, particularly swapped from a Droid-X? This has been driving me nuts, and neither Verizon nor Motorola can figure out the problem. Am I the only one having this issue? Thanks.

5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Yes and no. The playlist doesn't show up. BUT, if I use my bluetooth headset and hit play, the music will play. I'm not really sure if this has to do with app removal problem or not. I'm just waiting to see if the update fixes it.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I have a question about the SD card as Verizon was willing to change the card when I got my Bionic. There's SD and SD-EXT. Is that the same card, or is there an internal non-removable card plus the card I see if the back is off? I'm just curious if I want to change the card; originally I thought the SD card was partitioned and now I'm not so sure.

7. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +33
    SD is actually the phones internal storage, sd-ext is the SD card. You'll have about 8gb on SD and 16gb on SD-EXT

8. Indigenous

Indigenous New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With my Droid X I purchased an app MP3 Online and downloaded a ton of songs. When I transferred the SD card to my Droid Bionic it brought all the songs AND playlists, so personally I have not experienced what you have.

9. Batman8

Batman8 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the info Indigenous. I'll continue to try and narrow down the cause of my problem. It's been driving me crazy because I have about 100-150 different playlists that I do NOT want to have to re-create!