transferring photo's from one phone to another via beam

lfarmer

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm trying to beam pictures from my Andriod phone to another Andriod phone. I did this once with a co-worker however when I try to beam pictures to my husbands phone I receive below message. any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

"the receivers phone doesn't support large file transfer via beam"

wcjeep

Reaction score
Are you using NFC to transfer one or more picture from phone to phone? NFC doesn't really work well for large data files. It works great for small things like a web address or contact info. Have you considered Dropbox to move large files? Samsung phones have Wifi direct. Not sure about your HTC.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Are you using NFC to transfer one or more picture from phone to phone? NFC doesn't really work well for large data files. It works great for small things like a web address or contact info. Have you considered Dropbox to move large files? Samsung phones have Wifi direct. Not sure about your HTC.

I have actually transferred really big files. What kind of phones do you have. If you have one Samsung phone, and one non Samsung make sure you turn off S-Beam on the Samsung phone.

OP
L

lfarmer

Reaction score
We both have HTC phones so not sure what needs to be loaded. However, I did download NFC for my phone but got a message saying his phone version didn't support NFC.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
We both have HTC phones so not sure what needs to be loaded. However, I did download NFC for my phone but got a message saying his phone version didn't support NFC.

Awww :( Sounds more like phone problems... Sorry, I dont really know much more about it. :/

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Might want to post this in one of the help forums for more responses. DancingNexus