Transferring music to my phone..

CKD

Reaction score
When I first got Droid X, I read that I had to download V Cast Media Manager on my computer. I did that, and downloaded the app on my phone in order to transfer music. It says on my computer that in order to transfer, I have to download the app, so every time I just go to it on my phone and open it. It will say that my SD card is not available because my phone's plugged into my computer, but it still works fine. Now when I try to open the app, a page pops up that says to subscribe. I click continue and it says that it's going to charge $2.99 a month for online storage. I don't want that, but if I click decline it shuts me out of it and still doesn't let me transfer my music. Is there a way to fix it, if not how can I transfer music without using V Cast Media Manager?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you plug in your USB and select Mass Media Mode (or something) from the pull down notification menu - you can open the SD card on your computer from the "Computer" in the start menu and then make a file on your SD named "music" and then drag all of your music files over - after you unplug the device the system of your device will recognize your music and it will show up within your music player

V Cast is not needed and you might have to uninstall it from your computer first

fox_dye

Reaction score
Its pretty easy. Plug your phone in to your PC. Pull down the notification bar click mount or whatever it says now. On your PC the little pop up window will open click open folder to show files and drop and drag. There is also like a Motorola media hub or something like that you can get too.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

MadScientist

Reaction score
You can also transfer files to and from your phone using the DLNA program on the phone. This will work on your wireless network. Its handy for me as im not always plugging into my computer. I've also noticed when you do charge from USB on the computer its a shallow charge but that's another discussion all in its own.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App