transferring music onto D2G

roderun17

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global, and I am able to connect to my computer via USB wire. A folder for my D2G appears on my screen, and I am able to drag and drop music files (mostly MP3 or MPEG-4?) into the folder. However, they will not all appear on the D2G music menu itself. For instance, I move 5 Dylan CDs onto the phone, but only 1 shows up on the phone's music menu. So even though I have all 5 on the phone, and I have plenty of room to add even more CDs, I can only access one of them on my phone so the others are useless. Anyone know why that happens and how to fix it?

Also, sometimes when I add a CD onto my phone, the CD tracks come up on the music menu listed alphabetically, not in track sequence? Why does that happen?

Thank to anyone who can help!

OP
R

roderun17

Reaction score
Tacking onto my post...

I just went in to delete all the music files on my phone so that I could start from scratch, but now it says I still have 1.5 GB used up on the phone even though I shouldn't have anything at all on it.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Are you looking at the Space remaining on the phones Internal Memory, or on the External SD card memory? What size SD Card do you have in your phone?

If you hook your phone to your computer via USB, the easiest way to transfer music over is by making sure you are in USB Mass Storage Mode.

Do this by pulling down the Notification Bar, selecting USB Connection, then selecting Mass Storage Mode. Once you do this, you should have a window open on your PC with a bunch of folders in it...this is your SD card.

There should be a folder labeled "Media", and inside it other folders like "Audio" ...if there isnt already a Music folder, just right click and make a new folder labeled Music.

Now just drag and drop all the albums you want..once you get through, unplug the USB cable or swap the Mode to Charge Only or PC Mode, else the phone will not be able to access the files you just copied over, and therefore wont playback on the phone.

Open whatever Media player you are using and you should be able to play all your files. The Stock Media player is not the most "robust", so you may want to look at PowerAmp or other Media Players on the Market.

OP
R

roderun17

Reaction score
Thanks, BB. It's odd that there are separate folders for "Music" and "Albums". I'd been putting MP3s in the Albums because I hadn't seen the Music folder before switching to USB mode. I was on PC mode before.

One odd glitch: I'd had a Chet Baker album in the Albums folder before, and it showed up in the menu fine. I just put it in the Music folder now, and it's in my menu but now it doesn't recognize Chet as the artist; now it says "Unknown artist." Weird.

I think for the albums that had tracks that were showing up alphabetically and not in track sequence, it was because they were not MP3s. They were MP4s or something like that.

oscar615

Reaction score
What about for the thunderbolt? I don't see a media or music folder. Should I just create one? Does it need a "." in front of the folder name?