Transferring contacts problem...

brad1138

Reaction score
I got a Razr Max and was trying to export all my contacts from my Droid X. I exported the contacts from the X to file, emailed it to my Razr. But when I imported them in the Razr, I now have every person in my entire Gmail history in my contacts, which is ridiculous. I have nearly 500 contacts, only 50 or so I want. Previously I had phone #'s and FB contacts in my contacts. How do I wipe the contacts from the Razr and start over?

My X was supposed to back up contacts weekly to backup assistant, but it hadn't since April.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brad

CaptainSeth

Reaction score
Allow your contacts on your Droid X to sync through Google? I ran into the same issue a few phones back and ever since then I always back up my contacts through Google, then synced my Facebook with existing contacts only.

CaptainSeth

Reaction score
And by syncing through Google I meant using the Google cloud and downloading them.

OP
B

brad1138

Reaction score
I initially tried that, but for some reason only about 1/4 of my phone numbers made it over. I did it twice and same thing.

OP
B

brad1138

Reaction score
I turned off all Gmail contacts in list and ran backup assistant and got most all phone contacts. I think I will just go with that.

I did turn on sync & display for FaceBook contacts, but they aren't showing up at all in contacts. I really don't need them, but I got kind of use to seeing them on the old phone.

Thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use backup assistant all the time.. it seems to be more reliable when you switch devices.