Transferring contacts from Iphone to Droid

offroad2000

Reaction score
So far I've tried this:
How-to: Move you contacts/calendar from iPhone to Droid
It's the only thing I could find by googleing. I tried it and it never asked me to "keep on phone" or "delete". And hasn't synced with contacts in my gmail address. I created a new gmail just for this purpose to avoid importing every single contact in my main gmail address. The Verizon store couldn't do it either. Any ideas? I am a newb to these forums and this phone.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome offroad2000.....I can't believe the reps at the Verizon store wouldn't do that for you :icon_eek:...I know they can still do that, I'm like 90% positive they can, they were just being lazy...

I would take both phones to another Verizon outlet and keep trying...

OP
O

offroad2000

Reaction score
They did try. I was there for 45 mins and they still couldn't. If they are supposed to be able to, then I'll try a different store.

droidnube

Reaction score
My iphone was synced to my office exchange server so the Verizon folks couldn't do it for me. My IT guy at work did it just fine.

Cornholieo

Reaction score
This is what I did to sync my contact between my iPhone and gmail. Now this was on a Mac, but I am sure the process would be very similar with Outlook. Also I had the added issue that my contacts were synced on MobileMe which if I just deleted the MobileMe account it would delete all my contacts stored on my computer and phone.

1.) Sync the contacts to a computer (I did it through MobileMe, though can also be done through iTunes and Outlook)
2.) I do believe there is a downloadable program that Syncs Outlook with gmail (I used it a long time ago) the Mac has syncing to gmail built right in.
3.) Check your gmail account after 10 to 15 minutes and all your accounts should be there.

I do not recommend trying to sync contacts to gmail directly from your iphone.

garzjoe

Reaction score
This is what I did to sync my contact between my iPhone and gmail. Now this was on a Mac, but I am sure the process would be very similar with Outlook. Also I had the added issue that my contacts were synced on MobileMe which if I just deleted the MobileMe account it would delete all my contacts stored on my computer and phone.

1.) Sync the contacts to a computer (I did it through MobileMe, though can also be done through iTunes and Outlook)
2.) I do believe there is a downloadable program that Syncs Outlook with gmail (I used it a long time ago) the Mac has syncing to gmail built right in.
3.) Check your gmail account after 10 to 15 minutes and all your accounts should be there.

I do not recommend trying to sync contacts to gmail directly from your iphone.

I agree...I would sync your contacts from your iPhone to your Google Contacts. I provided a link below that has the proper steps for your iPhone if you are not already doing it.

Transferring contacts from iPhone to Google Contacts.

After transferring contacts login to your google contacts page: http://www.google.com/contacts. Do any type of reconciling of your contacts on this webpage. You might have some duplicates and will probably have to merge a few contacts. After that is done and you get your Droid you can sync your Google Contacts with your Droid.

Thx,
Joe

OP
O

offroad2000

Reaction score
Thanks Joe I'll try that when I get home. I've been syncing them with my ME account. And I don't have outlook installed on my computer. And patriot, I actually love the iPhone but can't stand att.

OP
O

offroad2000

Reaction score
You guys rock! Joe, that worked liked a champ. I don't ask for much. I just want things to work like they should without too much trouble. :)

REMilk

Reaction score
The local Verizon store told me they could not transfer my wife's contact list from her LG ENV3 to the Droid 3. It took me about 5 minutes to do it. She had made use of Verizon's Backup Assistant.

1. On the PC, connect to Verizon's Backup Assistant
2. Export Contacts to a .csv file (save on desktop)
3. (optional) Open the .csv file (MS Excel) or LibreOffice (free)
4. (optional) Clean up the entries, then save the .csv file
5. Open the receiving GMail account on the PC
6. Go to Contacts
7. Click on Import Contacts
8. Browse to the .csv file and select
9. Your contacts are imported into your GMail contacts.
10. Automatically, they will appear on your phone

Note: If you use another method to build the .csv file, you may want to export one of your GMAIL contact records to get the correct column names so that the import correctly recognizes the column names.

Good Luck,
Bob

Swmnioy

Reaction score
Share iPhone contact to android phone via email is the common way.

In case you want to move specific contacts only, you can use the Share Contact option. Open up the contacts up and select the contact you wish to save. Swipe down and select the tab, which allows you to either share it via e-mail or text.
If the number of contacts you want exceed ten, then this obviously is not your place to go. But if it is below that number, there is no need for using the methods below.