Transfering App data without an app?

osiris911

Reaction score
So I recently dropped my Samsung GS3 and killed it for good. Earlier in the week, I had backed up all the data on the sd (which still works) and the phone's internal drive by just hooking it up to my pc. Now I have a new GS4 and am wondering if I can recover the app data (mostly game progress) from those files that I had backed up earlier? I tried to look for a solution, but they all mention using an app like Helium or Titanium backup, which I obviously can't do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if I'm screwed, try to let me down easy ;) Thanks!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The S3 and S4 files should be compatible. How did you do the backup

OP
O

osiris911

Reaction score
The S3 and S4 files should be compatible. How did you do the backup
I hooked up my GS3 via usb to my computer, and then it pops up as a device with two drives, one for in internal phone memory and one for the sd card. I copied each into separate folders. The problem is I'm not sure what is app data and what is other phone data. There is alot of files in Android > data that seems to be for the apps, but there also appears to be app data elsewhere. I don't want to copy the entire thing over if it may mess with non-app data? Not sure if that clarified it, but its hard to explain

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That's an interesting one.. Have you tried putting the SD into your S4?

OP
O

osiris911

Reaction score
Yes, the SD card works in the GS4, but most of the data on the sd card is media, music/photos etc. those all work fine. I didn't migrate much app data to it though.