1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Transfering a 1.6G movie to droid - 20 minutes to transfer??

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dennisi01, Aug 2, 2010.

1. dennisi01

dennisi01 New Member

Running BB0.4.. any reason why it is taking 20 minutes to transfer the file to my droid? I can transfer a large file FROM my droid in 3-5 minutes. What gives?
  2. Hogmeister

Hogmeister New Member

is USB debugging on ? i've found that it slows down the transfers quite drastically... give it a whirl by turning it off, however i've found that sometimes they dont transfer properly without it turn on... shame, but thats just my experience and i dont know if its the same for everyone else's droids
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

The Droid only transfers data from the memory card to a PC at a class 2 rate of speed even if you had a higher class memory card, it wouldn't make a huge difference when using the USB cable. The fastest way to transfer data is to unmount the SD and use a card reader, but I don't do that anymore because every now and then I would have problems remounting my SD and have to reformat it.
  4. RaptorKC

RaptorKC New Member

Also writing to a SD card is a lot slower than read access....
  5. Droid_3.0

Droid_3.0 New Member

i can up load my PSX games witch range from 500mb to 700 mb in 3 minutes with WebSharing Best 2.99 i ever spent
  6. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

Yeah, the same goes for pretty much any type of digital storage be it hard drive or memory card, it is much slower writing to the device than it is to read from it.