Transfer of data from old Droid

Snoking

Reaction score
I friend here in the RV park came into the hot tub the other day with his Droid 1 in his swim suit pocket. They sent him a new Droid 1 and he went to the local VZW store and they activated it for him. They told him he will have to transfer any data he wants off the old SD card before he returns the old phone. Is this as simple as powering up the new phone with the old SD card and coping all the data to his computer and then switching to the new SD card and coping it to that card? I searched a bit but did not find a step by step guide.

Thanks Chris

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Unless the sd card is corrupt, he doesn't need to transfer anything off the sd card. He can simply put his old sd card into the new Droid and all his stuff will be there. Also once he signs into his google account his contacts will automatically pull over to the new droid.

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
I suggested that, however he did not remove the SD card until the next day and now the contacts do not look that good. Chris

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
It still might be alright. I would try to put the sd card in and boot up and see. If the card is corrupt it will not mount inside the droid and you will get a notification in the notification bar across the top that the sd card is not mounted. If that happens, you can try to use a card reader and get the data, pictures and what not off the card and onto the desktop of your computer then mount the new droid with the new card to the computer and transfer the data onto the new sd card.