Transfer of data from old Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Snoking, Oct 14, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Snoking

Snoking Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I friend here in the RV park came into the hot tub the other day with his Droid 1 in his swim suit pocket. They sent him a new Droid 1 and he went to the local VZW store and they activated it for him. They told him he will have to transfer any data he wants off the old SD card before he returns the old phone. Is this as simple as powering up the new phone with the old SD card and coping all the data to his computer and then switching to the new SD card and coping it to that card? I searched a bit but did not find a step by step guide.

Thanks Chris
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unless the sd card is corrupt, he doesn't need to transfer anything off the sd card. He can simply put his old sd card into the new Droid and all his stuff will be there. Also once he signs into his google account his contacts will automatically pull over to the new droid.
  3. Snoking

Snoking Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I suggested that, however he did not remove the SD card until the next day and now the contacts do not look that good. Chris
  4. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    It still might be alright. I would try to put the sd card in and boot up and see. If the card is corrupt it will not mount inside the droid and you will get a notification in the notification bar across the top that the sd card is not mounted. If that happens, you can try to use a card reader and get the data, pictures and what not off the card and onto the desktop of your computer then mount the new droid with the new card to the computer and transfer the data onto the new sd card.
Search tags for this page
droid data transfer

droid transfer data

droid4 data transfer downloads
how to transfer contacts and data from droid mini to a new droid mini

how to transfer data from droid to droid

put old sd card in new droid x
transfer data from droid 4 to droid 4

transfer data from droid to droid

transferring data from droid to droid

transferring info from sd card to new droid