Transfer music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penners

Reaction score
Is there a way to transfer my music from the Droid X to my PC? And if there is, what format/file would I use to save it for future MP3 transfers. I want to use my downloaded music on multiple players but I'm not very savy on how to do all of this. Ugh!

meaker

Reaction score
I'm having trouble transfer my music from iTunes to my phone. With my dx I could just drag it from iTunes to the music folder. Very simple but this method doesn't work with gn. I know I can use Google music but I want music on my phone for ringtunes
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wcjeep

Reaction score
Not familiar with itunes. On your GN enable usb debugging. Should work like standard usb memory stick. My win7laptop has no problem.

kparks

Reaction score
I'm having trouble transfer my music from iTunes to my phone. With my dx I could just drag it from iTunes to the music folder. Very simple but this method doesn't work with gn. I know I can use Google music but I want music on my phone for ringtunes

Have u thought of using google music??? I just loaded up both my ipods to google music and it works great and saves tons of space on the phone.. Just put the songs u want for ringtunes on as u go and there is a way I think to transfer from google to ur phone today my 3rd day with it so not to sure.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yep, previous poster go it right - enable USB Debugging. When connected you will see your phone and sub menu listed as Internal. There is folder in there for Music.

Good luck.

meaker

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought I tried the debugging and still no go. The music folder shows up but I couldn't drag the music from itunes like I can with my Dx. I even went back and plug my dx up to see if it was still able to do that. And yes it was.
Well anyway I just went with isync wifi. I had used isync before with my D1. Thanks anyway for the replies.

djras1

Reaction score
itunes may not allow the music to go to an usecured location for copyright issues.

boonebodda

Reaction score
Meaker,
I just transferred music with my nexus.What you do is go into the itunes music folder from the computer icon then drag and drop from there to the nexus music folder.Try that.It should show.Just played a song.

billyfj

Reaction score
I have a program that I used on my X and used it to sync my GN. I am at work, but I think the program is called iTunes syncr. It was made for this and is a free program. Let me know if that's not the correct name and I will send it to you as soon as I get home

gloveman

Reaction score
I have a program that I used on my X and used it to sync my GN. I am at work, but I think the program is called iTunes syncr. It was made for this and is a free program. Let me know if that's not the correct name and I will send it to you as soon as I get home

I think it's called Isyncr.

cruzincat

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with pictures. Just got the Nexus this morning. I transfered over 3GB of music and about four pictures before it stopped allowing any further transfers. USB Debugging is on. I am able to play the music on my phone through my PC. I can display the four pictures on my PC that made it over to the phone. I tried a different PC and have the same problem. I wonder if there is some kind of limit on how much data you can store on the internal drive. Under Storage it says I have 28.13 Total space and 24.55 available. How does this compare to what anybody else has that is having this problem?

When I plug it in I get the PDAnet pop up to click on it to connect, so I know it "sees" it.

Just found a song that I didn't transfer over earlier and it would transfer using windows explorer drag and drop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.