Transfer music from SD

OP
strutter769

strutter769

Reaction score
@VZWSupport Under My Files > SD card, I see "DCIM" and "Lost DIR." Nothing labeled "Music."

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
Isn't that what I just said??? Lol.. :p how are ya tis??

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Lol, yes I know...because of my job, I tend to explain things in more than one way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The deal is this, your music is on you x2, not your sd card.

Go into files, internal storage, long press on your music file, select move, then tap the top of the screen where it says internal storage, home, SD card, then tap move at the bottom of your screen. This will put the music on your SD card.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol, yes I know...because of my job, I tend to explain things in more than one way.

Its perfectly fine... I just like picking on ya :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, forgive me because this is how my brain thinks to make things easier. This will be a step by step of what you can do to get your music (and it is the same info, just in step by step)

1) without putting the sd card in your x2, see if your music is there. If it is, then that means you have to connect your x2 to a PC to transfer your music off your x2 then transfer your music from the PC to your SD card (create a folder on your SD card labeled music and transfer your music into that folder).
2)if there is no music on your x2 without the SD card, then that means the music is on your SD card and all you have to do is get your Maxx to find it. On your Maxx, if your music player has in settings an option to scan or rescan, then do that. It should find your music.
or 2a) install poweramp, go to settings, select rescan, after that is done select Auto-find music folders. That should find any and all music on your SD card.
3) if step #2 does not work, then you will need to copy your files from your SD card to a PC or to a flash drive. After your files are safe on a PC or flash drive then format your sd card while it is in your Maxx. Once your sd card is formatted for your Maxx, you can transfer your music files onto your sd card on your Maxx into a folder labeled music (you may have to create this folder).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
The deal is this, your music is on you x2, not your sd card.

Go into files, internal storage, long press on your music file, select move, then tap the top of the screen where it says internal storage, home, SD card, then tap move at the bottom of your screen. This will put the music on your SD card.

Oops, do this first! I was writing my step by step while you posted this. I may have waited if I had seen this.. .but maybe not, lol!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
Its perfectly fine... I just like picking on ya :)

I know... that's why we have so much fun!

pdoyle

Reaction score
pls explain what an x2 is, and why sD card in maxx is NOT an external SD card

incredibly frustrated...please explain how i can transfer all documents ie music, photos, videos, to the EXTERNAL SD card from the internal hard drive of this maxx.
Coming from Droid and Droid X, the maxx is messed up...
it calls internal storage not removable an SD card...
plus i cannot figure out how to transfer all music from internal hd to external sd card.
tried using es and astro; cannot find the destination on external sd card to move the files to.
what is an x2?

and it all started with motocast usb; changed settings on its own to copy music files to internal hd; so ,ran out of memory of course.
Now i have internal hd with no empty space; and can't empty it.
any advice?

i'm not an idiot, and i cannot fathom what motorola has done to make this maxx so complicated.
thanks
pdoyle

pdoyle

Reaction score
my internal hd has files in folder labeled Music

tried the fix; the Music folder on internal hd has zero files in it.
motocast copied music files into some folder on internal hd sufficient to completely fill it; but i cannot determine which folder it flooded.
what music i have found, i cannot transfer to the external sd card; i don't know why. i can select all the files; but cannot find Move command, or the folder on the sd card to move them too. any ideas?
i've a 32 GB external SD card which is only filled with 7 GB of music, so storage not an issue.
thanks,
pdoyle