Transfer music from SD

Crisisss

Reaction score
The music player will automatically scan your SD card for any music and load them, if I'm not wrong.
Or you could use a file manager, like ASTRO File Manager for example.
All the best

Edit: If you're talking about moving files from SD card into internal storage, use a file manager.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Es file explorer is an easy way.

Or you.can go into: my files, SD card, long press on your music folder, select move.

Tap the top of the screen, home, internal storage, move. This way will take a few mins depending on how many songs you have...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
strutter769

strutter769

Reaction score
OK, I'm using 3 (Cubed), and it says there are no music files. So I have to move them to phone storage to be recognized and therefore played?

OP
strutter769

strutter769

Reaction score
I see no Music folder on the SD? If I put the SD in my old phone, the music files are there. When I take the SD out of the old phone, no music file are found. Doesn't that mean the music *is* on the SD? But in my MAXX, no music is found.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I see no Music folder on the SD? If I put the SD in my old phone, the music files are there. When I take the SD out of the old phone, no music file are found. Doesn't that mean the music *is* on the SD? But in my MAXX, no music is found.

Someone had this issue with an og DROID and the maxx. This is how they fixed it....

Put the SD card in your other phone, transfer the music off of the card and on to the phone or onto a computer.

Insert the SD card into the maxx, format it in the maxx, put the SD card back in the other phone or the computer, transfer the files back to the SD card. Now insert it back into the maxx.

This should fix this.REMEMBER TO FORMAT THE SD CARD INSIDE THE MAXX AFTER YOU REMOVE ALL OF YOUR SONGS AND OTHER FILES"!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, before formatting your SD card in your Maxx make sure you save anything you want to keep onto your PC because formatting it will erase everything. I always save the entire card to my PC in a folder labeled with the phones name (ie. Og droid SD). That way when I format the card for my new phone, I don't have to worry about accidently losing something I wish I saved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's why you need to transfer the files off of the SD card before you format.

What is the other phone??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is odd, I've used my SD card from my x to my x2 to my bionic, then to my maxx's.

Go into files, SD card, and look and see what's on your SD card.

If you don't see it on your SD card, its on your internal storage. Tap on that and look for a music folder.

Because the maxx will read the x2s SD card :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
strutter769 said:
But I don't have a PC. That's why I have a DROID! LOL

Eek! To get the best from your old SD card in your new Maxx it would be best to format it in your Maxx, although not entirely necessary. Don't format your card until you are able to save it somewhere. Do you know anyone that will let you borrow their PC?

In the meantime, most music players have an option to scan your phone for music files in settings. Go into your music player, then settings and look for scan or rescan. If it has an option to chose which folders to scan, make sure sd card-ext. Once it finds your music, you should not have to do that again.

If your music player does not include that in settings, then install poweramp from the play store (there is a free trial version you can actually use forever). In settings, select rescan or Auto find music folders. That music app should find your music for you.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
This is odd, I've used my SD card from my x to my x2 to my bionic, then to my maxx's.

Go into files, SD card, and look and see what's on your SD card.

If you don't see it on your SD card, its on your internal storage. Tap on that and look for a music folder.

Because the maxx will read the x2s SD card :)

See if on your x2 your music is there without having your sd card in it. If your music is there without the sd card then that means your music is stored on the x2's phone and not on your SD card.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
See if on your x2 your music is there without having your sd card in it. If your music is there without the sd card then that means your music is stored on the x2's phone and not on your SD card.

Isn't that what I just said??? Lol.. :p how are ya tis??