Transfer from T-Mobile to Verizon

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
My brother has the G1 on T-Mobile. When his contract is up, he wants to move over to Verizon. Is there a way to save/transfer everything to the new phone? If so, how?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure about apps, but contacts should be backed up to the cloud.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
he could try using a backup app.

I use mybackuppro. should work?

the app saves to an online source as well as SD card.

hobby31

Reaction score
I came from tmobile to verizon when the moto droid came out. Since he is using the g1 he is using android and should have a gmail account. All his contacts and stuff will transfer over automatically when he signs into his gmail account on the new phone. I'm assuming he's getting and android phone on verizon. All his purchased apps should automatically show up after he signs in and he can re-download them from the market. It's pretty simple. He will continue to get his gmail emails and so forth on the new phone. Now, apps that were free might not show up and he will have to re-download them. It was pretty simple for me as I still had my g1 to look at and see what apps I had and I just redownloaded them. Some might not show up due to not being compatable with the new phone. It's pretty simple going from one android phone to another even on different carriers. Everything is tied to your gmail account.

OP
Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll link this to his email so he can check it out.

amber78

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S7
Twitter
@amberglatz
You can try apps like SmartIO it does handles contacts duplication....so its quite useful for contacts transfer

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
amber78, i don't know if you checked the date of the previous post but it's 7 years old. i don't think such problems exist anymore.